Metal cards

I have barricaded myself at home with spam cans stock waiting for :r: Apple Pay. I think I will manage till 2020 :joy:

1 Like

The domain “hasrevolutreleasedanewupdateyet.com” is still free… :wink:

1 Like

They said Apple Pay is coming in the upcoming weeks. An educated guess would put the beta around the end of October :grimacing:

Waiting for my new card, arriving tomorrow :heart_eyes:

I like the term “educated guess” it sounds so sophisticated making the guessing almost a fact :slight_smile:

Haha true! So frustrating when I want to use that fancy term in my own language, but no translation I can find seems to capture the “flavour” of it.

My educated guess is based on the usual delays… a few weeks (2 or 3?) can easily become a couple of months :laughing:

I really hope that Apple Pay will be next after Metal. :rofl:

It will definitely be AFTER :laughing:
I got Android Pay and Metal, I’m one happy :r: user :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Remember it is still a beta and under embargo, so you shouldn’t post images etc. yet.

2 Likes

I, for one, appreciate these insights.

1 Like

I wonder how often people will use their fancy metal card when Apple Pay is finally here

2 Likes

for ATMs maybe…

1 Like

Even though most places accept NFC, some places don’t. Also sometimes the NFC is broken / doesn’t work for whatever reason.

Also, like most fancy stuff, we don’t really need a reason to have it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://www.revolut.com/hu/metal-terms

At least if you switch from a monthly premium to monthly metal there shouldn’t be a problem (asked the support some time ago). Sadly don’t know it about the yearly fee but I’m very sure they will refund the extant part from the premium subscription.

I have spoken to support. Apparently the unused months of Premium will be refunded after you upgrade to Metal

The metal cards are going to be Debit Card or Prepaid?? Cause If its a prepaid its not worth it! Even for EU countries is 0.1% cashback and 1% for outside the EU. Again its not worth it for paying 135 euro per year…

Is it available for everyone, or it’s only a beta,

Well Order it and sent it to me ! :smile:

In a world that is moving away from plastic or metal rectangles in your pocket, yet people are running around like children to have one.

1 Like

Moving towards mobile payment does not necessarily mean moving away from cards.