Metal cards

Until Revolut gets a Banking license it will be a Pre-paid, so Chad’s card is still a pre-paid

I use Curve card and it is debit. Curve is not Bank so revolut should offer debit cards alsow :wink:
I am waiting for debit cards in revolut and for airport lounges ;D

3 Likes

Revolut had advertised “airport lounges” as the backbone of the Premium subscription.
However, they withdrew that option.

I feel that with the Metal Card, Revolut should offer “VISA INFINITE” or “MASTERCARD WORLD” giving access to golf benefits and airport lounges, along with a “PRIORITY PASS SUBSCRIPTION”. This would be a deal killer in favour of Revolut Metal Product. :v:t2:

Let revolut be a bank first and we will see after that!

3 Likes

Transferwise is also not a bank and their card is a full debit card

It’s more about how a card is backed up behind the scenes. At some point, for debit cards an account regulated under bank regulation schemes has to be involved, I believe. Either provided by the card issuer or a partner. Also, Revolut never stated that heir decision not to offer debit cards is related to the banking license. At least I am not aware of such a statement.

And: regarding card acceptance, I am not aware of the details of TW’s card configuration. How useful is it in offline situations? What are the limits?

Well the thing that is more important for me is that some websites do not accept prepaid cards (even if you pair them with Paypal!). One example is iHerb, but I’ve seen others.

EDIT: Airbnb is another of them. Urgh

Sure, acceptance for debit cards is better. Even if it doesn’t make sense like for regular online shops that do not offer subscriptions or something like that.

I’m talking about the metal look. Of course I want a debit, but right now I don’t care how the revolut card looks. I believe the first priority now is to be a bank.

Also, I do not know what will happen to U.K. account. Revolut is going to be a European bank and not a U.K. bank, with deposit insurance from European Central Bank. I guess the domestic transfers will remain the same, using partners.

They also applied for a UK license.

Did they really clarified that?

I believe they did. Brexit and all.

Concurrent applications for both UK and EU banking licences.

My understanding is that they’re doing the same in the US and Russia as well. I assume for East Asia they’ll get registered/licenced under MAS and passport throughout the region.

1 Like

News? Release in july?

Has any of Revolut’s users received the new metal card yet?

One.

Chad West only :laughing:

There’s actually multiple employees who are testing it :wink:

1 Like

Really? And do you know if :r: have some sort of alpha/beta testers for such Metal card? I’d like?to have it :slight_smile:

As far as I know it’s currently in a beta testing phase available only to employees :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whats there to test so long? Only real issue might be how ATM’s react to such card. Otherwise I dont see any problems.

1 Like