Metal Card

Hello,

how waiting time on average for the black card

ā€œBlack cardā€ do you mean metal? Believe they are currently waiting on new stock. You can still sign up and get all the benefits, i.e. cashback, whilst using your old card. Other premium cards are standard delivery times.

years my friend, years

Yasmina, You get an expected delivery time when you order the card, in my case a week. If you havenā€™t ordered it then gwidaz is correct and it wonā€™t be for years! :sunglasses:

I assume this didnā€™t happen, as I have moved forward ~200 positions in the queue in four weeks. The above message was posted three weeks ago so I had hoped to see my queue position advance by several thousand places by now.

I donā€™t really mind waiting indefinitely for the metal card. Sure it would be nice to have, but the delay isnā€™t a deal-breaker (I have a Premium account but still use the standard card - I quite like it :slight_smile:)

However I would like to activate a Metal subscription to start benefiting from the accountā€™s features, particularly the cashback, as Iā€™m travelling with work quite frequently at the moment. Is there any new information regarding timescales?

Some news from Revolt landed in my inbox today:

Screenshot_20181105-185302__01__01

According to the app, my queue position hasnā€™t changed much (currently position 9,880) but itā€™s reassuring to know that this should be changing over the coming ten days.

2 Likes

True to Revolutā€™s word, I progressed almost 10,000 places in the Metal queue within ten days and have now upgraded. Iā€™m working in the UAE next week so will be interested to see how well the cashback works. Fingers crossed that commission-free trading follows in the not-too-distant future, along with airport lounge access.

1 Like

Iā€™m a little salty, joined Revolut queue and was 6000th but I thought it was broken so I left and rejoined because my placement didnā€™t move much for a few days after the open letter :roll_eyes: now Iā€™m like 60,000 in queue

Edit: Holy F&$Ā£ Iā€™m at 45k in the queue now and I only checked on Monday, so theyā€™ve rolled out a little over 15k cards in a few days.

or the queue is just fake and they just do what they want

As a business where their share value is determined by estimation and at some point theyā€™re either buying back shares to remain private or going completely public with an IPO (Initial Public Offering), I highly doubt itā€™s in their best interest to do anything like that. Seems quite dumb actually.

As long as nobody can check that they can do what they want. Also, doesnā€™t it just look fantastic when they suddenly have 15k cards in a few days?

No, they canā€™t, because theyā€™ll have to be providing financial statistics as a Limited Company :wink: and if it doesnā€™t match up Revolut is going to get smacked by quite large fines as well as share price to plummet.

Not really in my case, I want to see N26 Metal offering here before Revolut upgrade me to metal, or I want them to add the airport lounge access, tbh.

The same here: was 29k in a queque yesterday and jumped up to 11k today! Canā€™t waitā€¦

Was around place 38k in the queue a week agoā€¦ Was upgraded to metal today! :smile:

I have received mine today and it looks beautiful. It was worth the long wait I guess :money_mouth_face:

I got second metal cardā€¦ :slight_smile: . Tnx Revolut :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Hi guys!

I want to buy my Revolut maniac friend a Metal subscription for 6 months as a Christmas present. Do you happen to know what happens after the paid duration expires? Will he be able to keep the Metal card? Also, do you know if buying for someone a subscription is a thing with Revolut, or I have to do it covertly from his account?

Minimum contract is 1 year. Itā€™s 120Ā£ up front.

The contract will renew unless he cancels a month before :eyes:

He will be able to keep the metal card until it expires or until he loses it, whatever happens first.

Covertly although you could try asking support if you could pay for metal for another account. @anon33247966 may be able to answer this better than I

Revolut Metal has a 12-month minimum term even if you decide to pay monthly. Monthly payments are deducted from your Revolut balance automatically.

There is no way to buy a 6-month subscription for you or for anyone else. You also cannot upgrade the account on behalf of another user.

Paying annually is cheaper. So an option to you would be to send your friend half of the annual subscription cost with a suggestion they upgrade to Metal (it will cost them the same as itā€™s costing you). It will be for them to decide whether to upgrade.

I would like to see a DIY program, to creat our own premium service. For example I donā€™t want the Ā£400 ATM withdrawal or the travel insurance but I like the airport lounges and the exchange and so on.

1 Like