metal card unsubcription

just wanted to try the metal card!!! it’s written like the “Metal plan is a minimum 12 months contract” which means I can’t cancel the metal subscription after one or two months and use the card as standard??

You can cancel anytime I think but you will pay some fee, just read ToS. You will be able to keep using Metal card.

3 Likes

How much cost exactly? I did not find a clear info

2 Likes

it’s not hard finding that information. https://www.revolut.com/metal-terms 1.9 points to https://www.revolut.com/fee-schedule under " Account and Revolut Card Issuance Charges":

**If you order a physical Revolut Metal card and subsequently cancel your Metal membership within the first 14 days of upgrading your Revolut account, we will charge you £50 (or currency equivalent) for your use of the Metal Services during that time.

What about after one or two months ???

Why are people cancelling their Metal memberships already? The costs, benefits and terms have been very clear before signing up. Let me guess, people want the fancy metal card but not the 12-month plan?

There are still thousands of people in front of me in the Metal queue. I wonder how many have registered just for the card, and have no intention of seeing the contract through.

4 Likes

No flame war, but i can imagine lot of situations … e.g. if you move house from cashback country to EEA.

I completely agree, there are a number of perfectly valid changes to someone’s personal or financial circumstances which would justify cancelling the contract. Sorry, I should have made that point in my previous post.

1 Like

I think every customer has the right to try out something if he wished. Depend on his/her financial cercumstance, satisfaction with service or any other factors , he can cancel the subscriptions. Of course he has every rights to do so. We are in D

2 Likes

I just want a metal card without premium subscription. :thinking::grimacing:

2 Likes

Mind your own business, let revolut to decide what to do.

I am also interested in knowing this :slight_smile:

Hey I have ordered a metal card and being stupid didn’t read the terms and conditions just wanted a metal card and try out the plan for a month and cancel it. But now it won’t let me cancel it unless I pay 130 euro. But I don’t have money on my revolut account so what will happen?

Have you successfully cancelled your Metal plan? If yes, they will probably bill you in a way (f.ex. charge one of the anchored credit cards), if not, contact the support. I am also a Metal plan user and paid annually, they told me to cancel my subscription at least one month upfront in order to avoid any issues.

Hey Richard thanks for responding. It won’t let me cancel it unless I pay 130 euro as a cancellation fee and I can’t really afford that I’m only a student. I was just wondering what would happen if I didn’t pay when it’s time for me to pay for the next months. The debit card that’s attached to this account also has little to no money because I wasn’t sure about this.

Well you did read it because you actually have to click on the price. You just ignored it.

Contact support to get it sorted out.

Yeah I read it was 13.99 a month for a 12 month contract for a metal card and then I looked into it and said I can cancel it but I clearly didn’t read enough. It should have really said In bold the actual cards cost Is 65 euro each plus delivery which is crazy for a piece of metal. Anyway Richard there helped me out and it’s sorted. Btw I did have a chat with the customer support and she basically just said she couldn’t help me and it was my fault for not reading the fine print.

Why would anyone make a 12 month contract if they didn’t plan on keeping you as a customer for 12 months? My mobile carrier will bill me for the duration to break my contract :thinking: I would expect the same from Revolut and as a result stayed my entire Revolut Metal term, despite disliking the product towards the end

It doesn’t need to say that at all though? The assumption of Revolut when you’re signing up for a 12 month contract is that you wouldn’t be ending the contract so quickly as to pay that fee lol

I’d say she’s right lol

People seem to think because Revolut isn’t a bank everywhere it operates that it isn’t the same as any other financial services company; always read a financial services contract before signing it

I’d like the option to have some features of metal e.g multiple junior accounts and a metal card but I don’t need the other options. I can’t find a way to start a new thread but it would be great to see different pricing structures for those who don’t need insurances and the other perks metal buys.

Hi Mbk, Richard and everyone.

I opened my account with Revolut and ordered a metal card almost three months ago. Just when the card arrived, we had to travel to the USA and now (due to changes in my husband’s job) we have to live here. In fact, I have not activated the card yet, and I have a negative balance at the moment for two months corresponding to the rate of the metal card.
But I neither have money there nor am I using the card and I am not going to use it finally

Can you help me to find out how I can cancel my metal card? And how can I pay these two months of fee and be “safe and sound” with revolut?

I no longer need the card.

I appreciate the help.

Jenny