Merchants that don't accept Revolut

Yes, it does. At least in Croatia and Italy (in Poland too :joy:)

3 Likes

Not always.
Most toll booths accept credit/debit cards because thereā€™s no need to immediately check whether funds are available.
Revolut cards need immediate checking to see if funds are pre-loaded on to the card to make payment, so wont work in any device where thereā€™s no permanent connection so always carry another C/D card.

1 Like

Zipcar in the UK ā€˜no longer accepts top up credit cardsā€™

RyanAir took one look at the card and said it would not work (they tried and it didnā€™t)

So as another user says, the vendor may see it as a pre pay debit card and be required to check live that there are funds to cover the transaction.

For the many good transactions - the phone notes the charge before the vendor can pass me the receipt. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Not a requirement.

It will shift liability towards the merchant for the chargebacks classes such as fraudulent lost/stolen transactions - but not all transactions such non-delivery / not-as-described chargebacks.

Interestingly some processors will increase the merchant rate if the merchant opts to turn off 3DS/VbV altogether.

I can not use visa card to buy a foodā€¦ Transaction faild. I have money on my account. Merchant dabba.pl (in Poland).

dabba.pl we can not use ours revolut cards

It doesnā€™t work for me either with RyanAir, but some here took me for a fool and a liar.

Have been using :r: as my primary card for 1 month and so far it hasnā€™t worked with the Cabify app. However, I was still able to order the cab and pay with the card through the terminal they had in the car.

1 Like

@revolut after you get the banking licence, will we get real debit cards or still pre-paid horse manure? will we have to pay again for the ā€œupgradeā€?

I believe they will switch to debit.

2 Likes

Card declined at Gondomarense when trying to renovate my monthly subscription for the bus. Gondomarense is one of the major transport services here in Porto, Portugal. We tried the normal method and swiping it, but it always declined. The cashier told me they didnā€™t accept prepaid. I had to pay with my Portuguese debit card. Possible to only have :r: as your card in Portugal, but youā€™ll have to go withdraw money a lot of times, which is not convenient.

On US Immigration Homepage for ESTA an information says, Credit- and Debit Cards only.
Bur Revolut worked fine. I am not getting the difference between Prepaid and DC.

I tried to buy transport tickets in Paris (navigo) with Revolut card but the transation was declined. I tried also to pay in a supermarket there in Paris (name of that Simply) and the transation was declined too. Maybe in France Revolut doesnā€™t work, boooh :slightly_frowning_face::thinking:

Usually it is about the configuration of the card. With service codes, a cardā€™s programming controls the ways for payment authorization. Cards can be configured to only accept online verification. ā€œRealā€ debit cards are often carrying their own credit limit to allow offline payments, in situations, where a merchant canā€™t verify if a card holder has sufficient funds. On planes, trains ā€¦ That is why acceptance of non prepaid debit cards is slightly better while they do work similarly in most circumstances. Sometimes, merchants do not accept prepaid cards for non technical reasons. Car rentals for example. If funds are sufficient, there is no technical limitation to pay for the car and make the security deposit.

2 Likes

Unimon.se in Sweden is not working, they use Payex and it seems that Payex does not accept Revolut cards.

Costco doesnt accept Revolut, but they do accept Wirex. I thought both Wirex and Revolut cards were Prepaid Debit cards? Costco only accept Debit Cards and Amex, they dont accept credit cards so it would seem they see Revolut as a credit cardā€¦

Irish lottery wonā€™t allow adding a card non Irish card to your 'wallet".

Iā€™ve yet to find some merchant in Czech that has problem with Revolut cards.

2 Likes

Most of Europeā€™s petrol station doesnā€™t accept Revolutā€™s cards as a payment method at the self service kiosks (Belgium, Netherlands and Germany checkd by myself) which is painā€¦not sure about other countries.