For the sake of readability, I’m bulleting my feedback / frustration on a ‘technical’ issue with merchant refunds that have arrived at Revolut, but are delayed in being reflected on customer’s a/c.
Timeline of issue -
(i) I’m expecting 10x refunds (25/04, 26/04 and 27/04), totaling c.£7k
(ii) Merchant previously refunded to my Revolut card (one of my Virtual Cards) without issue.
(iii) 3 refunds due yesterday (25/04 and 4 due today (26/04))
(iv) Spoke to Live Agent who took more than 1hr to investigate. Live Agent explained -
- “a delay in processing your refunds, however I found them”
- “…we are monitoring it and it can take aprox. 24hrs until they are assinged to your a/c”
- “…just a small technical issue, just a temp one. We are working now on it to make sure it won’t happen in the future”
(v) 24hrs passed and no money, so I spoke to another Live Agent, who qouted a timeline of “soon”
(vi) Another c.24hrs passed and again, no refunds reflecting (not even one of them), so again a Live Agent discussion that resulted in a response of “today/tomorrow”, so the resolution ETA once again being pushed out.
(ix) As of 4pm GMT 26/04/2018, still nothing.
Questions for members of this forum and Revolut -
This ongoing issue and general Live Agent experience has provoked me to ask the community (and Revolut) for there opinion on the following -
- Has anyone had a similar issue? What are your experiences, if so?
- Why has Revolut not given this issue some exposure on these forums, considering the impact?
- Are such issues communicated to Live Agents, so that customer messaging is consistent?
UPDATE as of 14:30hrs | 28.04 -
I spoke to a Live Agent earlier today, who again, took over an hour to ‘investigate’ / get an update on this issue. Here are the main takeaways from my conversation with him -
- The system impacted is responsible for pushing balance updates to customer a/c.
- There is a backlog, due to the number of refunds affected by the issue.
- Quoted a timeline of “soon, but unfortunately, I am not able to provide a specific .timeline…I hope you will receive some of your refunds today”.
So there we have it, Revolut seems to be chasing it’s tail and unfortunately still radio silence from all of the moderators on this forum (I sent them all a PM pleading for help). I have filled in a Complaint Form (available here) and would suggest everyone else does, so Revolut knows our frustration.
UPDATE as of 16:00hrs | 27.04 -
I spoke to a supervisor (Valentina, who was incredibly helpful) who has now informed me it will be next Wednesday 2nd or Thursday 3rd May, that the system backlog will be cleared!!
UPDATE as of 00:15hrs | 28.04 -
Good news - I too have now received 3-10 refunds. Interestingly I did not receive a notification on my iPhone and the timestamp for the refunds is backdated to 23rd April (presumably, this is when they arrived and should have been credited, before the tech issue).
Good progress Revolut, but lets get all the outstanding refunds credited and everyone happy
FINAL UPDATE as of 16:30hrs | 01.05
I’m pleased to confirm the following -
All my refunds have now been credited (last outstanding actually received on Saturday)
Revolut responded to my complaint outlining the following -
a. Third-party Payment Processor vendor the root cause of the issue
b. Liaison between Revolut and Payment Processor have taken place, to avoid a repeat issue.
c. ETAs provided by Revolut were based on the vendor’s input.
d. Revolut will issue a statement on Community Pages, should this issue (or similar issue) occur.
Thanks for all your input in this thread and hopefully Revolut are more ‘on point’, should a similar issue occur again, in terms of messaging to the Revolut Community.