Master vs. Visa card in UK?

I am about to travel to Peru and have ordered a revolut card for this reason. I have read that there have been issues with mastercard payments in Peru and therefore am eager to get Visa. Seeing a previous post I was reassured I would get Visa in the UK:
https://community.revolut.com/t/is-mastercard-a-standard-physical-card-in-the-uk-again/28498/16?u=oskaretta

I have now ordered the revolut card assuming it would be a Visa, however, the bin checker tells me it will be a masters card. Is there anything I can do about this please?

Look in the app. You should see your new card there in the Cards tab. If it’s a MC, you’ll get MC. If a Visa, you’ll get a Visa.

Also try too talk with the support. Maybe they are able to get you a VISA Card instead (say them where you want to go and why you need a visa card) :smile:

In the app, choose Cards. Does it show the mastercard or visa logo on the card? VISA used to be issued but from the launch of metal (and localised mastercards) it seems they’re now issuing mastercards as standard.