Malayasian Ringgit.

Hi all, I’m due to travel to Malaysia, and I ‘m confused as to whether I can get Malaysian Ringgit using Revolut. I have £ in my account at the moment and want to use my card in Kuala Lumpur .

From FAQ:
What currencies are supported for spending?

Revolut currently supports spending, and ATM withdrawals in over 120 currencies. The current list of supported currencies include:

AED, ALL, AMD, AOA, ARS, AUD, AZN, BAM, BBD, BDT, BGN, BHD, BMD, BND, BOB, BRL, BSD, BWP, BYN, BYR, BZD, CAD, CHF, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, CVE, CZK, DKK, DOP, DZD, EGP, ETB, EUR, FJD, GBP, GEL, GHS, GIP, GNF, GTQ, HKD, HNL, HRK, HTG, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, IQD, ISK, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KGS, KHR, KRW, KWD, KYD, KZT, LAK, LBP, LKR, MAD, MDL, MGA, MKD, MMK, MNT, MOP, MUR, MVR, MWK, MXN, MYR, MZN, NAD, NGN, NIO, NOK, NPR, NZD, OMR, PAB, PEN, PGK, PHP, PKR, PLN, PYG, QAR, RON, RSD, RUB, RWF, SAR, SBD, SCR, SEK, SGD, SRD, THB, TMT, TND, TOP, TRY, TTD, TWD, TZS, UAH, UGX, USD, UYU, VEF, VND, VUV, WST, XAF, XCD, XOF, XPF, ZAR, ZMW.

More currencies will be added soon.

3 Likes

You can withdraw MYR but at the moment it is not in the exchange list in the app so will convert from your GBP as you go. Remember don’t accept conversion offered at ATM Let Revolut do your conversion.
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hi sorry but I’m new to Revolut. So can I have sterling on my card, go to a restaurant in Malaysia and pay sterling, which will automatically convert to ringette?
Secondly I understand you can only take a maximum amount of money from atm per month, is that correct.
Thank you.

gary.woodhall@virginmedia.com

I believe you can find all your questions covered in the FAQs. Have you checked them out? :wink:

Sort of. Always pay in local currency. Don’t accept any conversion by the restaurant or ATM. They might ask if you want to pay in pounds or ringettes. Always pay in ringettes. Let Revolut do your conversion. Yes there’s a limit of £200 per month on cash withdrawals then there’s a small charge. So use your card to pay whenever possible. No charges on card payment.
Hope that’s helpful.

Thanks Rona, you’re a star.
Gary