magnetic band don't work on my new card

Hi
I’ve juste received my new card and i would like to test this in an automatic money distrib.
But a message appair: the magnetic band is not readable.
My card have a problem or must I do anything to activate?
The option “magnetic band” is enable in my application.
Thank for your answer and help me to find a solution.

Hm, I’m not sure if the mag stripe is affected by this but new cards need to be activated with a chip + PIN transaction first (contactless won’t work).

Hi
Thank for your answer
I don’t think it’s the problem.
The error is not the transaction is not complete. The distrib don’t ask any PIN; just say it can’t read the magnetic band.
I think the chip works but not the magnetic.

Is this your first payment ever?

It was my first transaction. To try your solution, I make a transaction succesfully with the chip but when I want to have money with automatic automat, I have the message: “we can’t read magnetic band”. I think I received a bad car :frowning:

The first transaction has to be done with chip and pin.

I do the first transaction with chip and PIN but magnetic band is still unreadable.

I can see a successful transaction in your account.

It’s normal, I say it:

To try your solution, I make a transaction succesfully with the chip but when I want to have money with automatic automat, I have the message: “we can’t read magnetic band”. I think I received a bad car

The problem was my card don’t have a magnetic band configured. It’s a physical problem but the Revolut’s staff help me me and send an other card.

Thank.

Hi there. I’m glad to hear that an agent was able to help you. If you need further assistance don’t hesitate to contact us!