Maestro for Google Pay in Germany

How did you do this I’m always getting a “Bestätigung erfordlich” within the Google pay app…

As always, GPay is still in beta. It could work for you , but it doesn’t need to. They will add more and more BINS / Cards over time. All you can do is to wait :smile:

In the Netherlands Maestro is also much better accepted.

1 Like

Can a couple of you who have been able to add their Revolut Maestro-card to GooglePay tell their bin (first 8 digits)?

Bin of my Maestro-card is 6798 3537, but I am not able to add my card to GooglePay :frowning_face:.

1 Like

It is not the same as my card has. Maybe there’s just some difference between NL and DE.
Card is from 03/2018.

1 Like

I guess the problem might in first case be that in NL you cannot use GPay for in-store and contacless.
https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7454247?hl=en

I am already using GooglePay in the Netherlands with Mastercard. But since Maestro acceptance is much better in the Netherlands I would like that to work too.

Google Pay announced in Switzerland today and I successfully linked my :revolut: Maestro Card with Google Pay. Thanks Revolut for that.

1 Like

I envy you as it doesn’t work with my Maestro

Edit: 2 days later it worked without issues

Just added my Revolut Maestro to Google Pay and (nosily) inspected it using Cardpeek to get some technical details. I saw that in Google Pay, a Service Code of 201 is being used while the physical card has 221. The ‘2’ in the second place of that code means that authorizations always have to be done online which seams reasonable to avoid spending more than you have in your account. But in Google Pay, the ‘0’ would allow for offline transactions (at least if the terminal generally allows that, e.g. in case of connectivity loss). Also, I have another card in Google Pay that uses Service Code 221. So it would be possible to use the same Service Code as on the physical card. Does anyone have details on this? Would it be possible to do offline authorizations using Google Pay or are there other (EMV) mechanisms in place that would block those despite the Service Code? Even then, I could think of an offline Contactless MagStripe Mode transaction in the US for example. Ok, that last one might be rare but I think it would be possible.

Is it still the case you cannot add it?
It’s the same number for me, also from NL :frowning:.
I only have another virtual Visa that I can set up in Google Pay, however not to pay in stores with.

Yep, the Dutch Revolut Maestro card can not be added to Google Pay.