Lost phone - missing safety measure

Hi, I would like to know what should I do in case I lose my phone? Can I someone block the access to the Revolut app on that phone from some other phone or from the web? Why is such a super-important safety topic not covered on the main page of your web??? Are you sure you care for the safety of the funds of your customers?

3 Likes

Have you read this?
https://www.revolut.com/pl/help/profile/my-phone-has-been-lost-or-stolen?lang=en

Your reply was completely useless. First read MY POST and then reply. I want to block access to my application on the stolen phone and not install it on a new phone. So that the guy who stole the phone cannot steal my money or do something bad with them.

1 Like

Tiaaaa
Ok, so have you tried just to lock the screen with opened Revolut app?
Just give it a try.
After a few seconds you aren’t able to go into the app without passcode.
I hope this is answer for your question.

No it is not. I can imagine that there is a way how to hack such a security measure like a passcode if you have a full, time unlimited access to a phone. There should be a way to say From this phone nobody should access my account. Or to say I can access my account only from my authorized phones. At least all banking applications that I have seen have that feature. As you also deal with money the security should be more important to you than e.g. some game app.

2 Likes

Easy up Tom, Redi is not a Rev staff, just a Rev user like almost all of us here.

I completely agree with TomT
The only way to be sure that the app on the stolen phone will not be able to be used is by logging out of the app not by simply closing the app.
Only when you log out of the app will the Revolut app require that on your next log in you use both your passcode as well as a security code that they will send you to your registered phone number.
So what needs to be is is to enable users to log out their devices from other devices and/or from the internet.
Obviously the user whose phone is stolen should also immediately ask his phone operator to block the stolen sim card.

1 Like