Locked out of account, standard methods don't help

My phone was destroyed (run over by a bike) and I had to buy a new phone. I used my fingerprint to authenticate my every login and now I can’t access my account on my new phone.

I was already asked to make a selfie, but that was apparently not good enough (my face is severely bloated now for medical reasons, albeit temporarily).

I tried doing it via email, didn’t work.

Tried doing it via an SMS identification code, but it said “Something went wrong”.

Selected the option to be called by Revolut to identify me, but got no call ever, even after repeated requests after a total of 1 hour spent in that option and requesting it over and over again.

Please help.

3 Likes

Hello @MrParlophone :wave: ,

Welcome to our Community. We are sorry to hear that you are unable to login from your new device.

Have you tried the basic troubleshooting steps yet?

1. Make sure your Revolut app is updated to the latest version available
  2. Clear the device’s cache:

iPhone: ‘Settings’ → ‌’General’ → iPhone storage → search for the Revolut app → select ‘Offload app/clear cache’

Android: ‘Settings’ → ‘Apps’ → search for the Revolut app → click on the app → tap ‘Storage’ → clear cache

1. Close the app (close it completely from the app switcher)
  2. Turn your device on and off
  3. Try with both Wi-Fi and mobile data — ensuring that network connections are strong and stable
  4. If none of this helps, use an alternative device (if possible)

Try following these steps and attempt to login from the new device one more time:

1. Open our mobile app
  2. Enter your phone number
  3. Enter your passcode
  4. Follow the prompts – you may be asked for a one-time passcode, to take a selfie, or to take a picture of an ID

If you’re still having trouble, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us so we can assist you further. :slightly_smiling_face:

SG | Community Team

2 Likes