Locked out of account - Can we trust Revolut ?

Hi,

This is day 2 of being locked out, I was locked out after 2 failed transactions of me trying to pay for my TV Licence!

Once locked out, I was asked for the 4 digits from the top-up statement, which I entered correctly but my account was still locked.

After waiting for 24 hours, I was connected to an agent on chat who asked me prove a transfer from Coinbase (which I did) and was asked the reason for the transfer to which I answered that I hold and trade crypto and cash out from time to time.

Right after this the support responded with a single line stating that my “issue” (what issue???) has been escalated and I’ll be contacted in 96 hours and that I wont be able to write to her again until the new agent responds. I haven’t heard from them yet.

So, firstly I would like to know what the “issue” is here? I seem to have provided everything I was asked for and have verified my identity, apart from which I have connected my revolut to my Lloyds bank, Monzo and have a verified CB and even ordered a physical card.

I would like to raise the point that this experience has not only left me locked out and without a TV license :P. But has given me reason why never to trust Revolut as my primary and I’m not sure why anybody else should.

Being locked out of your money and having to wait upto 5-10 days is a very uncomfortable experience and I can see that community forums are full of people facing the same issue, and even recurring for some of the members !!!

Shouldn’t Revolut do its checks before giving me an account ?
instead of quickly providing an account and then locking down to check up on things with users held hostage ?

Something needs to be done / clarified here or a statement from revolute on how I can feel safer using my account in the future.

1 Like

Not trusting Revolut is not news to us by the way. They always had a bad history of locking people’s accounts unfortunately.

But, at least now I know never to transfer money from Coinbase.

Hi there. Thank you for your patience. I’ve escalated this issue to the relevant team which is better suited to help you with your request. Please note a member of the team will contact you via in-app chat as soon as possible.