Living in Sweden with Revolut?

Any experience of someone living in Sweden and use Revolut such as paycheck or everyday purchases?

1 Like

Unfortunately Revolut doesnt work in Sweden properly

1. My issues started in September when toping up account with Nordea card became impossible. Bug when bankid confirmation should come. It was fixed only in November after 2 months!!

2. Now trying to confirm my income - which is purely simply full employment job. I provided salary slip and main account transaction slip. I do a lot shopping on Zalando and Zalando lounge and get a lot of refunds for returning the goods. They consider refunds from Zalando as income and ask to provide non exisiting documents for returns.

Its insane! How refunds for returned articles can be considered as income???

So… must say goodbye to Revolut, I loved it, but this is too much.

1 Like

I am using Revolut to the full extent in Sweden, my salary goes straight in as a SEPA payment from my employer every month. I had no problems at all with transfers even when they switched from a UK IBAN to a Latvian.

1 Like

Not latvian. Lithuanian. LTblabla, not LVblabla.

1 Like

I’ve used it off and on since the Tink budgeting app was taken down.

PRO

• Super easy top-up with Google Pay.
  • Free currency conversion up to 10’000kr/month

CONS

• Autogiro is out of the question which is the biggest con by far.
  • Swish adoption is just too great in Sweden. With all the merchants starting to use Swish it’s impossible to live a normal financial life without it.
  • Budgeting tools need a do-over. You can’t even change which day of the month the budget starts which sucks when you get salary and have to pay rent before the 1st.

Conclusion

• Use it when traveling and exchange currency or just as a normal pre-paid card for groceries/backup. Other than that there really is no use case at the moment in Sweden.
    Perhaps if SEPA Debit Direct becomes widely adopted or some framework with conversion between Autogiro and SEPA is set up it might be usable as your everyday card.
2 Likes

Hi;)
Do you have experience in making payments to swedish accounts?
I tried to do so but revolut will not recognice the account number given and i tried different versions, adding different 0 at different places :smiley:
Would be glad if anyone could help!

3 Likes

Hi
Since Revolut support was unable to help me out with the same issue, I’m trying elsewhere and I found this old post.
Did you manage to make the payment in the end ?
If so, what was the trick ?
Thanks a lot !

1 Like

Hello everyone :wave:,

I understand you are facing problem with the payment.:frowning_face:

Let me share some FAQs with you regarding the payment: FAQ 1 & FAQ 2. Hope this helps. :pray:

@jiem @Chriscraft @frolovas_kundze Welcome to our community.:r:

SG | Community Team

Hej!
Nope, it did not work. I did the payments using a different site or via friends. :confused:
Best of luck!

1 Like

Welcome back to our commmunity @bignalu :wave:.

Sorry to hear about your problem.:frowning_face: May I request you to check the above mentioned FAQ links and try again? Please let us know if you face any problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

SG | Community Team

Hi,
Thanks for your links.
I had found the first FAQ before coming here.
I posted because my transfer failed.
I had my recipient’s IBAN (indeed starting with SE), his clearing number (4 digits) and his account number (9 digits).
Since Revolut requires a 16 digits account number, I did the following : concatenate the clearing number with three 0 and the 9 digits account number I was given in order to get a 16 digits one :
clearing000account
I thought it was OK because I was able to validate the transaction but the following day I got a Transfer failed message.
Could you please tell me what mistake I did ?
Thanks again.
Jean-Michel

1 Like

Hello @jiem :wave:,

Thank you for explaining the whole situation. Sorry to hear about your problem.:frowning_face:

Honestly, it would be better if you contact us via in-app chat so that we can help you individually. :ninja:

SG | Community Team

I did before coming here …