Link Revolut IBAN Euro Account to PayPal.com

Hi,

I have recently tried to link my Revolut IBAN Euro Account ( GB49REVO…) to my PayPal account.
PayPal has refusedd it and flagged it as an invalid IBAN.

Any suggestions ?

2 Likes

Existing thread here:

Personal speculation on my part, but I think the (poor) FX rate offered by PayPal when they auto-convert is a big revenue driver for PayPal, hence the decision to manually flag Revolut’s personal EUR IBANs as invalid.

2 Likes

Linking a bank account to Paypal as funding source means that Paypal can withdraw funds through SEPA direct debit. Since Revolut doesn’t (yet) support direct debit, this isn’t possible.

You can, however, link your revolut card to Paypal, and set the (somewhat hidden) option to never do the conversion by Paypal but by Revolut.

1 Like

hello Szka1 . I saw your post and I need help. I linked my revolut card to my paypal account but when I try to send money from paypal ( euro ) to my revolut it wants to get a conversion from Euro to GBP . How can I do it leaving it from Euro to Euro ?
Thanks a lot !

1 Like

Just change the “Convert money with Paypal” option (“Change” link bottom right):

As far as I know, PayPal offers transfer only to your account in your registration address currency (in Uk it will be always GBP).