Launch of Revolut Insurance !

We’re excited to be launching Revolut device insurance in the next few weeks allowing our customers to protect their mobile phones with a few easy clicks in their Revolut app (Watch this space!).

As we plan ahead for other insurance products we want to hear which insurance products interest you most? Thanks for your feedback!

• Bike Insurance
  • Laptop Insurance
  • Life Insurance
  • Pet Insurance
  • Home Insurance

0 voters

Perfect!

Which countries will it be available in? I hope it’s not like the Credit option :frowning:

2 Likes

It will be available to all the supported countries :star_struck:

4 Likes

Launching for all Revolut users in all countries or only in Apple Pay supported countries? :rocket:

In all EU countries!

2 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t go near Revolut for insurance unless the customer service gets significantly more responsive…

1 Like

Oh no :disappointed_relieved::cry: why you say that? Mind sharing your thoughts with us in a direct message?

We’ve recently expanded our support team and working to keep wait time at a minimum.

I’ve sent details in a PM, but basically I wouldn’t buy insurance unless I was confident that I would receive timely responses when it was needed. Experiences with Revolut support so far don’t instill this confidence.

How about travel insurance? And I mean for longer than 20 days period.

2 Likes

Who can imagine? :cold_sweat: Nobody has ever complained about the support speed and efficiency in this forum before!

Bike insurance like against bike being stolen? Or against bike accidents? If it’s the latter one - please remember that many insurance companies won’t reimburse costs incurred during any competitive activity (even amateur bike races). Please think about including sport insurance!

1 Like

Primarily we would offer protection against bike theft.

As promised… Revolut Mobile Phone Insurance has just launched in all EU markets! As ever… we really want to get your personal feedback. What do you like about the product? What would you improve? Look forward to hearing your thoughts

2 Likes

People need to ride more bike! It’s not acceptable that bike insurance comes in third! :nerd_face:

No (bike) insurance needed if you’re just renting a bike for a couple of hours.

I take it device insurance is not available in Ireland (as the option is greyed out in my Revolut app)?

So, it’s not actually available in all EU markets after all?

I am also attending amateur bike races and it will be nice to have a day biking insurance.

@Rishi why is Ireland not included in ‘Europe’. Isn’t that a European country?

Since I can’t open new threads but I want to ask something about insurance, I thought I’d post here, so here goes nothing :slight_smile:

I used travel insurance back in 2019, when I travelled to Japan. I then travelled to the EU and hence deactivated the travel insurance cause I did not need it.

Today I want to use it again, but Revolut support told me that insurance in Revolut is a once-off thing, so once you deactivate there is no way turning it back on.

That is a very odd feature to have, an insurance that can only be used once in your lifetime, so I was wondering if someone has an explanation for this behaviour.

In any case let this serve as a cautionary tale for those who are thinking on deactivating the insurance… DON’T! You’ll lose it forever

1 Like