Joint account

+1 Join account (for family usage) , with limits will be great.

2 Likes

is there a joint account option?

I would certainly opt into a joint account if this became available. Without sounding morbid, it perhaps would make it easier for my wife should something happen to me later in life.

2 Likes

I agree. Access to Direct Debits and other bill payments would be easier for our partner

Is it correct that I can only top up a revolut card using a debit card i my name attached to a bank account in my sole name. All my bank accounts are joint with my wife and despite having individual debit cards I cannot top up a revolut account. Is this correct

Hi @BRFC1883 and welcome
I don’t believe that to be the case, no.
We have a joint UK bank account from which we can transfer GBP funds to either of our :r: accounts.
Have you actually tried it and what was the result?

Thank you for your message. I live in France and applied for the card which was successful. When it came to payment for the card delivery I used my debit card on our joint UK account. It kept getting rejected, I also tried my card from our joint french bank account again it was rejected. I spent over an hour using the online chat with revolut only to be told it was because I was using a card from my joint account. It all seems very strange because the message I was getting was there was a problem with the address!
I don’t know I only really want the card for a two month holiday to New Zealand and Australia to avoid extortionate fees using my UK or French Card. I can’t get any UK travel money cards as you have to be resident (to dpend your own money) and here in France they don’t seem to do an equivalent.

we too live in France with an FR IBAN :r: account.
We transfer funds in GBP from our UK based joint bank account in GBP to either of our :r: accounts but not as a card payment. We use the GBP wallet details to transfer funds to, then convert those funds to the currency we require in the app. That always works perfectly.

I am surprised that Revolut has not yet launched the joint accounts. It shouldn’t be a problem at all to the leading Fintech company like Revolut. I see that Monzo already has included this nice feature for their UK accounts. Revolut need to step up their game.

We are using two cards from my account with Group Split Bills option for the time being. Joint account would probably be better!??

My analytics works with Group Bills.
How would it work with Joint account? Something to think about.

That’s a good question. My guess is that preferences vary here. Depending on how someone organises their financials. It would be cool if customers could choose: option A shows unified analytics, including the joint account. Option B would allow to keep analytics for the joint account separate, one can switch between personal and joint accounts.

Ineed a joint account too. We are uk citizens but now live in spain and post brexit we have been told by Barclays to close our uk account which is joint. If i move all our joint money into a single account my wife cannot access it if anything happens to me.