it's never seen! My account blocked and money blocked

Lol. Never do a full switch with Revolut. I’ve never had this problem with Revolut (yet, although a inquiry with them before, isn’t solved and won’t help me) but it’s quite clear from what I’ve seen, that out of all fintechs I’ve used, Revolut has by far the worst customer service.

2 Likes

Whilst I am a supporter of Revolut I would not even think about making it my only or even main account. Far too many horror stories regarding virtually non existent support. Use the service for what it can reasonably provide - one of a number of options for transferring money overseas and for spending whilst travelling. Despite months and months of promised improvements support wise there is no evidence of anything changing - unfortunately :disappointed:

For now :slight_smile:

Maybe they will finally get a grip at some point and support will improve - my hopes are still for when they will finally get their banking licence issued.

But yes, for the time being I’d recommend fully switching to Revolut only to the adventurous.

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

They set the tone already I’m afraid. Damage is done. Sensible people shouldn’t consider doing a full switch with Revolut, even if they get a banking license.

You cannot lock people’s accounts for days when they have their own money in there.

Time will tell. We cant say how Revolut will function in a year for example. Things might have improved a lot or might be the same.

I would not rule out recommending a full switch at some point. Now, definitely not I am afraid.

1 Like

They have been like this for years.

Also think about it. Even IF they improve their customer service by adding more people, that wouldn’t change their attitude of locking people’s accounts.

There are better fintech banks out there who have a much friendlier customer service than Revolut. And they don’t have a record of locking people’s accounts unless they are certain of scams, laundering etc. Why should I recommend Revolut over them?!?

As I said, damage is done. Even though my account isn’t locked yet I don’t want to have that “feeling” in the back of my mind that if I top up, my account could get locked.

1 Like

Partially agree, but there is still a chance they improve in this areas, particularly once they are a proper bank with (presumably) tighter regulations and obligations. Again, time will tell.

None of them offer the same features as Revolut. Transferwise is relatively close AFAIK but partially more expensive, partially still not with all the features. And Transferwise does not even aim for a banking licence AFAIK.

Agreed, a lot of what the forum here faced is beyond proper customer service (excluding the ludicrous customer requests). Personally I havent had any experience of that type to be fair.

Partially agree, but there is still a chance they improve in this areas, particularly once they are a proper bank with (presumably) tighter regulations and obligations. Again, time will tell.

Their current regulations and obligations are tight enough already. They are going to make it even tighter?? Do they want us to suffocate?

True, but is the features enough to trust Revolut with your money over the rest? Starling also comes close, except they do an additional fee and fewer currencies to choose from.

Tbf…I’d rather pay the fee, knowing my money is safe and can be accessed without getting my account locked.

For me to even consider them for a full switch, they need to fully relaunch themselves and hear no more account locks. Because, if they just come out with news of “We got our banking license!”…so? How do I know you’ll still be the same old Revolut?

Yes we are speculating, but beginning to think Revolut’s customer service will transform from an evil teddy bear to a cuddly one once they get a licence is a lot more far fetched.

Monzo, Monese, Starling…all these banks were friendly from day ONE before these lot got their license.

1 Like

… and is unavailable outside the UK.

Sure, but I wasnt referring to anything else. My reference to future changes was not based on some empty promises but actual, noticeable changes :slight_smile:

Agreed, though they still come with less features and are not available outside the UK.

Sure, but I wasnt referring to anything else. My reference to future changes was not based on some empty promises but actual noticeable changes :slight_smile:

There’s a reason why we have a saying, “A leopard never change its spots”. Sure, it’s a company but until we have a new CEO with a new change of direction, this is going to keep happening.

The only thing I can see in the future is an improvement of response times. And that, isn’t enough.

Agreed, though they still come with less features and are not available outside the UK.

Ok…

N26. Heard nothing but positive stuff from them. May not equal the features of Revolut, but still very decent and the bank you can rely on more than Revolut.

And who’s to say in the near future these banks will get all the features Revolut would have?

Lets agree to disagree :). And by that I am not saying Revolut’s support is stellar at the moment :wink:

Same as issue as with Starling, just the other way round and they dont even have multi-currency support. Certainly an option if you reside in one of the supported countries and only deal with euro, but if not Revolut is back as “only” option :slight_smile:

Time will tell, if a competitor comes up with a truly competing service (feature-wise) Revolut might find itself in trouble. But right now we can only speculate about that as much as we can on how much Revolut might improve in the future.

What I see here is that Revolut does not care about the customer and prefers to see their own interest rather than ours. Otherwise they would have already answered this post or others for a long time. They do not continue to play with people, otherwise they will be in trouble. It’s over they pay me back and chao, I do not stay with this band of fun.

1 Like

agreed regarding features - Revolut shines a bit on the multicurrency support. However, it’s less strong when it e.g. comes to free ATM withdrawals (depending on the number of withdrawals and the amount you need). This is why having more than one card is definitely a good idea and makes it easier to handle situations where one looses a card or it get’s blocked.

Customer service is definitely on leave? @revolut

4 day without customer service response.

Finally I had an answer … De Rita, the robot. Watch the rest is to die of laughter, 4 days for that " Hey there! I’m Rita and I’m here to help answer the most common questions that you might have. Please keep your questions concise and I’ll do my best to help you. Oh, and please be aware that this chat is recorded for training and monitoring purposes."

@i7thib maybe try sending “resolved”, then confirm and put in “live agent” again.
This was a tip from @alessandro because I had another unrelated support question open and for me it helped getting a support member in the chat to look into my account lock

Thats true, 200, respectively 400, is not a lot, but Revolut’s focus is not on cash but strictly on card payments. But I agree that this restriction could be still a hurdle to make it the main account but IMHO the real issues lie somewhere else (support, licence, etc.).

@claws_dub Thank you I will see now.