It's 2019. It's time for a web app 😡

I also think that a Web App is a must!! Not only for the situations you loose your phone etc. But also for trading! I would love to be able to check my investments on my PC with some nice charts (Like M1) this will also help me for my youtube videos a computer screen recording looks better than a mobile one.

3 Likes

+1. A web app is a must indeed in case the app does not even launch on your phone. For me v6.25, v6.26 and v6.27 crashes straight after launch on my android phone, no chance of even logging back in after clearing the cache. So much for access to your bank account. This could happen to anyone anytime! How can you have access to your account (to your money!) then?

1 Like

Totally agree with you, Lets hope the do make a web app

1 Like

I disagree. I’m locked out of the app because of an email problem and haven’t been able to find any way around it.
I’ve tried other channels and guess what: «go to the app and solve everything!»
if anyone has any advice, I’d be happy to hear/read.
@AndreasK

1 Like

That’s your point of view, but why not try to understand that some people are really whishing a web application.
Even if it’s old-fashioned, it’s still very practical in many situations.
This is a major drawback of the revolt from my point of view and I will probably abandon it if for this reason if the situation continues.

A web app is absolutely not old-fashioned. Yes, it would be old-fashioned to offer just a web app and no mobile integration or a shitty mobile app that more or less just displays the web app (as done by many banks). But that doesn’t make a web app old-fashioned. Indeed the open web is the most widely used and available platform of all.

12 Likes

You are right brother

Not that is a major annoyance to keep reading bullshit about what web apps are or are not but… :point_down:

Like… literally.

1 Like

+1 most financial tools (trading, FX) are irrelevant without a secondary access to your account. Personally, I do not feel safe enough to move more of my savings on Revolut without - and this is a real shame, since the service is good.

7 Likes

I agree with MTR01.
The secondary access path is a necessity. And as my family experience with the “traditional bank” last few days, it can be a matter of life or forced on you “bankruptcy”.
If :r: want to increase its presence on the market. They have to have Web access as well.

7 Likes

I have this issue too, I’m away working with work i have £20 left on my card so need to top up. my phone fell into a oil tank at work. I am pissed off to say the least i have found out i need to have a phone to put money on my card but i need to transfer money to buy a knew phone… how is this going to work with out you making it possible to put money on the card other than using a mobile. Id you sorting this problem out before i resort to scavenge in bins for food…

It’s 2020. Still nothing…

2 Likes

Second this. It’s a bit difficult to access the account without any Android or iOS device. Not all android emulators can be trusted, and there’s no other way for people without compatible smartphone.

3 Likes

I know: the most people don’t want to use a pc, but I think - a browser app is useful and you could manage your money better on a pc than on a smartphone.

1 Like

I know an online bank, where you could authorise the login process on your pc with the mobile app. For people without a smartphone you could get an oldtime message (SMS) - for this method you have to pay.

I am not sure if Revolut is really reading this community chat but if they do I’d like to tell them that for me Revolut will never become my primary bank so long as they dont provide a web app. I am not going to argue why is that I think for most people it is obvious. But if their business model is to collect monthly memberships then it does not really matter whether you have 1K or 100K on the account… so maybe we will never see this feature… It is just my humble opinion. Cheers!

6 Likes

It is a shame that all my friends are moving to n26 just because of the lack of a web interface in :r:. We work in the PC all day and switching devices is annoying; the phone is very uncomfortable when we need something a bit more complex to do like copy data to other programs or execute multiple operations fast.
Also to use many of the new features like trading or crypto, reading the graphs and so on the phone is totally useless.

5 Likes

It could be an idea, something like Whatsapp Web, with QR login :smiley:

2 Likes

A phone is a machine and things happen to machines. It makes sense to have alternative access to, at least the security settings, on the card. It’s similar to locking yourself out of your home: you have a spare key somewhere nearby don’t you?
50% of the population keep their phone and card in a bag slung over their shoulder. Losing it is a double nightmare. Web access would at least limit the damage and put recovery on the fast track.

2 Likes

In case you don’t know: There is an automated phone line for blocking stolen cards.

1 Like