It's 2019. It's time for a web app 😡

Depends how you view the term ‘everyday banking’ - I view it quite literally as the account/banking I do ‘every day’. My other high street account handles my salary once a month and a bunch of direct debits I never think about. I look at that account twice a month maybe, and Revolut probably every day.
Even if that doesn’t fit into the term ‘everyday banking’ - you see what I’m saying.

1 Like

Everyday banking is what your bills come out of - as that’s what would cause you to lose your house if you didn’t have money in

A spending account goes alongside your main account and you use it for spending

On the payee front, consider this for crazy…

Just paid a new payee that requires a reference. I want to send more money - the first payment was just a trial.

When I go back to the payee, the reference isn’t saved, so I go to the payment.

It is showing, but you can’t select it. I view the statement, but that doesn’t show it.

The only way I can find to get the reference is to tap Scheduled, pretending I want to schedule the payment. Then the reference can be selected, edited etc.

It’s incredibly frustrating with just a small number of payees. I can’t imagine what this would be like as a main account.

What’s worse and more surprising is that revolut seems totally uninterested in ironing out these big wrinkles.

A Web app would be great, but please sort out some of the basics first

1 Like

If I were Revolut this feature would be my priority 1.

@kp1981,
When creating a banking app, web app as a priority would be paradox. The product :r: offers 2019 is a mobile app.

2 Likes

Not when it comes to safety. A full fledged webpage isn’t needed but there needs to be another option for contacting revolut and above all SHUTTING DOWN card(S) and account in case of theft och lost mobile.

Until there is an optional way separate from mobile to lock account i won’t ever trust :r: with more than €200-300 at a time. There is no reason to and the risk would be far greater than the potential usefulness.

10 Likes

Yeh third party app that can dig into banking details would seem dangerous.

To be honest - super easy stop gap solution is to have a carbon copy of the mobile app accessible through a web - no need to develop extra/new stuff. Obvious use case to make easier on help chat channel and blocking cards on lost mobiles should be enough to justify

2 Likes

That’s not super easy at all.

People tend to forget that someone has to pay for developers, support and infrastructure for millions of clients who do not forgive any outages and technical errors. This is not your average college project. :man_shrugging:t3:

On my spare time I developed R Emergency, an open source desktop app that can do very basic things like list transactions and freeze cards.

8 Likes

I had a look at the source code and everything looks clean (no data theft) so providing it looks nice I’ll probably use this :slight_smile: maybe even contribute myself

1 Like

Nice effort, although it’s still a program and not a web app. I would like to run to the nearest device and freeze the stolen card(s) quickly.

This is close though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recently spoke to the customer support and they told me that they are not aware any planned web interface… I wonder if we did a poll how many users would ask for it? I would…

6 Likes

Need to get support before having extended conversation!

I appreciate the kind words :slightly_smiling_face:
You’re right it’s still not a web app, but that’s the best I could do, the Revolut API blocks any http requests made from a website (CORS, for security reasons) …

4 Likes

Its definitely time for a web interface, especially for the Trading part of the app, something like M1 Finance

8 Likes

+1 for the web app. It would be much more convenient in a lot of cases.

2 Likes

another +1 from me !

1 Like

Good work brother, Need to know what safety measures have been implemented in your application, before I think about using it.

1 Like

Thank you bro I highly appreciate!
I made an article about how I developed it, if you’re interested :slight_smile:

2 Likes