It's 2019. It's time for a web app šŸ˜”

As my message mysteriously disappeared, i add it again:

Same issue.

I have been waiting for this feature since i started using revolut 1.5 year ago (for a desktop use).

In a few months i will switch to a secured smartphone (secured means no spyware operating system). Without a PWA, i will have no choice but to leave revolut.

I asked them earlier in the day about the state of PWA for personal account. Sadly they confirmed me itā€™s not even on the roadmap . I donā€™t understand the revolut policy about not implementing a web appā€¦

I am really sad about this, cause i prefer revolut over my regular bank account and over other 2.0 bank accounts i tried (n26, ā€¦).

The lack of webapp didnā€™t me allowed to totally switch in past (need a laptop access to block smartphone if lost). In future it will force me to find an alternative cause i will not be able to use it on my next smartphone.

Sad day !

4 Likes

Iā€™m also a big supporter of having a webapp, its quite misterious why Revolut doesnt prioritize this.

To mitigate your problem you may want to give a try installing bluestacks to your PC and use Revolut on that. Bluestacks is a free android virtual machine. Of course you dont have your PC with you in a shop, so you will miss push notifications and anyways you need to be around your PC to do anything with Revolut, but at least you can access your account, can do currency exchanges etc.

I fully understand that this is very inconvenient, but just want to let you know an option you still have.

1 Like

I also would love having a online-banking (even with the most basic services as blocking the card, checking the saldo aso, without the add-ons the app brings with it).

Also, what I donā€™t understand: why is there no tablet-version of the app?

I can understand that maintaining a web-api additionally to the app is causing costs, BUT to make it possible for the revolut-app to run on a tablet (eg. ā€œfor registered customers onlyā€ so no other connectivity than wlan is needed) should be easy, and would also solve many issues, as it would provide a ā€œusable device next to the smartphoneā€ā€¦

For me, the ā€œonly use it on the smartphoneā€ is most defenetly a security risk. Smartphones can get stolen or broken. What do you do next? Not everyone can buy a new (good) phone, and most cheaper phones run an android-version thatā€™s no longer suited to run an app like revolutā€¦ == very bad for the customer, and very bad for revolut: customers who donā€™t trust :r: enough are not going to recommend it soonā€¦

1 Like

+1
I use Blustacks without any issues for Revolut.
Also a 2nd instance for my wifeā€™s account.(who is more likely to break/lose the phone! )

I agree with this. When doing accounting its just more convenient to access your accounts/banks in the computer web browser. I like having a robust mobile app but sometimes i felt i need a web access.

3 Likes

Yeah, doing bank transfers on the phone really sucks; especially because you cannot save a draft with amount and reference.

1 Like

I totally agree. Doing transfers, organising vaults, doing accounting and budgeting with your preferred solution, spreadsheet, etcā€¦ I donā€™t see why Revolut doesnā€™t invest in this. So cutting edge for some things, so outdated for others. Not to mention a desktop app.

3 Likes

A business app is way overdue!

1 Like

A proper banking website (why are we calling it a web app?) is definitely needed.
If I have my phone stolen while abroad, it makes much more sense to be able to log in from a computer (e.g. library, internet cafe) than have to borrow someoneā€™s (whose?) phone (if they even have a data connection) and install Revolut just to contact support and have a lengthy conversation to convince them Iā€™m me.

A banking website is necessary for other reasons too. A lot of people still do work on computers, not least because of easier typing and much better/bigger screens. I hate having to use my phone while using my computer, itā€™s not productive at all.

6 Likes

Because itā€™s 2019. A few years ago, in their struggle to compete with the then upcoming mobile apps, web technology marketing teams came up with the brilliant idea to simply call their stuff web apps to sufficiently blur the lines and confuse consumers and managers.

1 Like

I am asking for it since the beginning. Would be very very helpful!

4 Likes

A web interface will be perfect, it will simplify my life, at work it will be so much faster to do in on a PC

3 Likes

Please explain to us what reason that might be.

Security no doubt.

It would be useful to at least be able to lock account and cards, chat with support. No more is really needed in a web portal but it could potentially mean the difference between ouch and disaster if phone and card(s) go missing or get stolen!

I wonā€™t ever put more than a couple of hundred euros on revolut until a backup solution is available and i suspect iā€™m not the only one being careful about this possible scenario.

7 Likes

Come on! Itā€™s Revolut! 10x better than you bank. They should roll out a complete and sleak web interface! please!

Totally agree with Swede

Dear Revolut team, agree with many of the other people in the thread that an additional web interface would be helpful and very welcome. Especially if you contact the chat Helpdesk or for creating a new SEPA transfer.

Obviously it is not impossible since you have it for Revolut for Business as well? And the Revolut for Business web interface is actually quite ok and exactly what ā€œstandardā€ Revolut user would like to see as well.

7 Likes

I am completely with you.

Why?
Because I am locked out of my account since 5 days and Revolut doesnā€™t seem to be interested in helping me.

3 Likes

As a new-ish user whoā€™s still getting to grips with the card/account, the option to log in via a browser as a backup seems like a decent idea. Even if itā€™s just a minimal release as a way to adjust the security settings - that would be good to start with.

Alternatively, allowing my wifeā€™s device to access my Revolut account via her Revolut app would be another way to do this. Itā€™s making losing your phone even more of a big deal than before.

2 Likes

Totally agree! Sometimes when I need to do a bunch of transactions, itā€™s really annoying having to do them with a phone when I could do them on a PC 10x faster!

4 Likes