Issue with Bizum

Hello! :slight_smile:

A friend has been trying to send me money with a Spanish card app called Bizum for quite some time but there’s always some issue and in the end, I’m not able to get the money.

I have a UK-based account and I never had any other problems so far.

Have you experienced something similar? :thinking:

2 Likes

Perhaps you might explain the mechanisms being used to transfer the money to you from Spain which are failing. Are they using your correct account details for example and is the transfer in GBP or EUR since all that might be significant.

1 Like

There is no Revolut on the Bizum website. It seems to me that Bizum is used to transfer money in a closed list of banks.
Are you sure your friend wants to send you money? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well, I send him a link requesting money and the payment doesn’t get through! His account is in Euros, mine in GBP. :thinking:

1 Like

Bizum requires both the sender and recipient to be registered through their respective bank. Since Revolut is not a Bizum partner, that obviously doesn’t work. The transfer did not fail, your friend was unable to set it up in the first place. I think @Slavekk asks a very valid question above :wink: Just give them your IBAN and ask your “friend” to do it the old-fashioned way.

It may be a good feature request for Revolut to join the Bizum network. It seems quite big in Spain.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m sure. :rofl: Is that the issue? Are only a selected number of banks allowed? :thinking:

1 Like

Revolut Payment links and Bizum are two different things.

If Revolut does indeed offer Bizum to settle payment links, it might be a bug and it’s best to discuss this with Revolut’s support directly.

It seems you’re initiating the payment request with Revolut. If you’re setting this up in EUR, it’s irrelevant that you are a GB Revolut user. You need to set up the payment request in the currency you want to receive. If you’re requesting GBP and your friend’s bank doesn’t allow him to send GBP, it will fail. If you’re using Revolut’s payment links, there are various options how your friend could pay you. Like a card payment, or even Apple Pay. Options may vary by region and currency and Bizum could be one of them. That’s what I was referring to earlier. Bizum probably only supports EUR, being a national Spanish P2P network and all.

As exciting as P2P and payment links are, it might be easier to just ask your friend to make an old school bank transfer. Add a EUR wallet to your Revolut account, and then tell your friend your EUR account IBAN.

3 Likes

Hello @Farisca :wave: ,

Thanks for contacting us here. :r:

In addition to @Frank’s reply, I would request you to kindly go through this FAQ link where you can understand how does the payment link work in Revolut. :hammer_and_wrench:

Don’t forget to let us know if you have finally received the money. :blush:

@Frank @glesga @Slavekk @Graham_Lees , Thanks for helping out. :hugs:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

3626c1bff7855fd5c49e45c390bafbe9da977cbf_2_281x500

hi ! Do someone know what is going on ? It took few payments succesfully and than start to cancel them all. Thanks

I have no idea what’s exactly going on there, but it may be a good idea to black out the names.

For the exact reason you’ll have to ask support. If it’s a personal account it probably is unusual to receive six payments within minutes from different people. Did one of them dispute/report the transaction?

What do u mean “black out names”?
Support doesn’t allow normal, they talk only that refund will be soon, that’s all :thinking:

With “black out names” I mean edit the screenshot so that you can’t read the names anymore. Just put a black line (or any other colour) over the names. Would you be happy if your friends posted personal information about you all over the internet?

1 Like

Welcome to our community @amarsel :wave:. So sorry to hear about your problem.:frowning_face:

Kindly contact us through in-app chat so that we can check your issue individually. :hammer_and_wrench: Hope that helps. :sunflower:

Thank you for the help @glesga :heart_decoration:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

what was meant by @glesga was to redact the personal information.
I’ve done it for you.
@SG.Mandal it needs someone with Moderator tools to lock post #11 so that the original post cannot be reselected using the pencil tool.

3 Likes

Hi @Graham_Lees :wave:

Thank you for acting so quick, it was really helpful. I have now locked the post, so that it won’t be edited :star:

Thank you for your amazing work :heart:

3 Likes

with safety online - speed is of the essence :wink:
Glad I was able to help quickly with Star tools.

2 Likes

Now that Revolut offers a Spanish IBAN is when they should negotiate with bizum to join the list of banks that operate with this payment method.

In fact, this is something necessary if Revolut wants to compete face to face with the rest of the Spanish banks since bizum is the most popular payment method in Spain… It’s like Whatsapp for instant messaging :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion @mazo. We appreciate it. Kindly stay tuned for the next update. :r:

SG | Community Team

2 Likes

Any news regarding bizum in Spain? I expected it to come with Spanish IBANs but I have one right now and I see nothing about bizum

4 Likes

Welcome to our community @endernull :wave:. I understand your concern. Please stay tuned. :rocket:

SG | Community Team

1 Like