Is the Community Dying?

Hello does anyone knows a phone number to speak with an advisor?

There is none. Only support through digital channels.

I’ve been on the Revolut Community for a week now. I’ve earned all of the badges necessary to create a topic, but still cannot create topics for some reason. I tried to reach out to support and they had no idea how to activate my account fully. I even received an automated message that said I can now create topics, yet for some reason I do not have the option. How do I gain this ability?

In order to be able to create a topic, in this community (other communities have different requirements), your trust level needs to be member or higher. Your trust level is not member (yet).

I think I can guess what your next question will be, the answer to that question can be found here:

This blog post states that at level 1 users can create a new topic. It doesn’t mention anywhere that certain “communities” have specific trust level requirements.

I can’t start a new post in a single topic category, not business, ideas, or anything else. So I’m not sure why the Revolut Community says you can post a topic if you can’t actually post a topic on any of the categories.

According to the blog post, to reach the “member” status it says you need to create (“enter” is the word they used) 20 topics… How can this be accomplished if I can’t post at all?

It seems to be way too restrictive if you’re a new user.

With community, I mean this Revolut (Discourse) community as a whole. There are different (Discourse) communities around on the web (on all kind of subjects) where you don’t need to have trust level member to create a new topic.
It’s up to the moderators of the community to set these requirements and also to set up what a certain trust level can and can not do. Regarding the latter, from the blog post:

Admins can change these limitations by searching for newuser and first_day in site settings.

Admins can change these thresholds by searching for tl* in site settings.

It’s also up to the moderators to set the requirements you need to meet to get trust level member.

enter ≠ create

Enter means you have to open (click on it/go inside) an existing topic and read a certain number of posts.

post ≠ create

You can post/reply in an existing topic. You can not create a new topic (yet).

So as I said you need to have trust level member (level 2) to be able to create a new topic in the Revolut (Discourse) community (regardless of what any automated PMs might be telling you differently).