Is the Community Dying?

To be frank, that situation (with somebody just wildly approving post that are support requests) really drives me away from this forum.
We are no paid support agents and Revolut’s support has only worsened with the fast growth.
People think that they can get help from Revolut here as it’s Revolut’s website - but Revolut never really put any effort into this.

2 Likes

Yes, you are right - currently its quite messy. But it shows also that there is a lot of improvements needed. And I can’t blame anyone who tries to get some help through an official forum.

And other forums has these problems as well => nobody from the community can fix things.

The question is, what they (Revolut) wanna achieve with this forum (Cheap support…etc)?

2 Likes

Hi, how can I create a topic ?
I can’t find any button to do so…

2 Likes

I have been using Revolut for some months now. Every time I want to post a new topic, I get “Access denied”. Also, to find the link for posting new topics I have to scroll down to the bottom of a category.

1 Like

To create a topic your trust level has to be Member or higher.

2 Likes

Thank you.

How does one attain that level of status?

I’m struggling to contribute as I can only reply to posts. I can’t post anything new. Wierd!

K

1 Like

That’s all very well, but if you are a Revolut user with a genuine issue to raise in this community, you can’t raise it! I understand that you need to gain my trust first, but I would have thought a system where spam posts are deleted is better for those who are only trying to get help.

3 Likes

This is certainly something that needs addressing. I’ve been here a while but still don’t qualify to make a new topic and I suspect a lot of people only join the community when they need to raise an issue, so it’s not ideal and is probably the reason we are seeing many replies to the few topics such as “Locked Out of My Account” that do exist. Allowing posts from new users and checking for spam would resolve this. :pray:

2 Likes

That’s all very well, but if you are a Revolut user with a genuine issue to raise in this community, you can’t raise it! I understand that you need to gain my trust first, but I would have thought a system where spam posts are deleted is better for those who are only trying to get help.

The forum software could easily validate that a user is legitimate by, for instance, asking for something like the user’s last name plus the last 4 digits of their :r: card number, then do a simple query against the credit card database.

At the community page of a rival dutch bank you have to scan a QR code with their banking app to login.

And it’s terrible, it’s no option for customers on the free Travel Card plan.

Yeah, I know. I can’t join their community because I have no account there (yet).

Dead, without a doubt

Wanted to raise an issue I have, but since creating my account I see no way to create a new post. How are people supposed to liven up a community when they can’t even participate. (this post will no doubt be held back to be validated by the powers that be…)

1 Like

Community is alive, but R staff is absent here :frowning:

1 Like

I think it may be because new users of the community are not allowed to post. They can only reply, which is partly why I am answering you now.

I’ve just joined Revolut and it’s driving me nuts. It doesn’t work as it says in its literature, provides no support and no new user guide. I thought joining the forum might be a way to enlighten myself, but I can only read and reply, and couldn’t find a post that addresses all my issues.

2 Likes

just participate regularly in replying to existing posts, it just takes a small bit of patience and dedication. I only joined a few weeks ago and i found the moderators were very active in gradually increasing my participation rights.

“…provides no support…” Oh, no. Immediately had trouble how to order a physical card and after few question and answer with the chatbot I was forwarded to a live agent who helped me and put me into the right direction with huge amount of patience. Very good support IMHO.