Is the Community Dying?

Beta programmes for sure, but I’m not sure how many people actually report to Revolut

As for direct contact with lead users, definitely not. I’ve been here for a very long while now and I’ve held my Revolut account since the day of turning 18, I’ve been on the forums before that even I do believe (or maybe a bit after? Not much)

The only contact I’ve had from a moderator is when I report people or once from Andreas when I queried about some improvements and services like Apple Pay being 2+ years in the waiting

I think Revolut could make a decent bit out of this community but wew it’s getting a bit boring waiting for those candles that don’t blow out, to be blown out

Have they actually done anything from that thread? Besides savings vaults* *that are U.K. only lol

Do they still run those? I wouldn’t mind attending them if they’re in London since I might be living there next year

I just don’t know. The most recent stream recording I have found is from last October (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-qmf2MVJ0&t=1080s) and the most recent announcement from Revolut’s twitter is also for that Rev Rally.
However, there have been more recent mentions of it by Chad West and other twitter users https://twitter.com/hashtag/revrally?f=live

I think they need to wake up and assign some moderators here, this is not acceptable! New members are trying to create topics for issues but they can’t due to the restrictions!

2 Likes

Also, there is a reddit community. Not official but it’s there.

To be honest, @iLoky what’s the purpose of this topic?
Are you saying it, because there isn’t anyone left from moderators around here or because generally speaking there are only few new topics starting each week?

@Water-Fire i guess the lack of Revolut involvement is the reason of not having new topics or in general any activity in the existing ones. The purpose of this post is to brainstorm ways to make this community active again.

1 Like

I’m thankful this space exist, despite staff seems to ignore it lately.
Some fintech dont even have such forums (yes, Mone** I’m talking about you).

3 Likes

This is very true @moon and this is why people are interested in this topic, its because we do have the community we need to make use of it.

There was a time when we had 100 posts per day with the topic “my account got blocked! :r: is a scam!”
Sometimes hilarious outcomes! One guy didn’t even verify himself properly and first thing he bought was a vpn service… He claimed that he would have used the money to invest in stocks and :r: owes him the earnings. :joy: If I remember correctly.

So it is comprehensible that they somehow check. I would say that many abuse the community platform to moan, basically.

1 Like

Have community leaders do it

Some of us have been here for over a year and are certainly trustworthy enough to verify posts

7 Likes

Sounds like a very good idea, :r: need to give some moderator badges or something. i see a lot of old members here that are still active and willing to help.

1 Like

Why is the community dying?

Well it doesn’t help when one of the most informed, active and helpful posters on this board gets effectively banned, for setting out information which is both legally accurate and helpful for other users to resolve issues with :r: or to seek redress.

I think the regulars have a good idea who I’m referring to, but if I even mention their name I will probably be banned myself, under the Orwellian principle that seems to prevail on this board.

When one of the best contributors is simply made a ‘non-person’, there’s little incentive to devote much of one’s own spare time to the discussion, because you also might find the same thing suddenly happening to you.

9 Likes

Do you or anyone else know who owns r/Revolut?

Maybe they’ll be welcome to some active members like NFH and other regulars here, who seem to have been disenfranchised by the lack of any activity of Revolut unless driven by Revolut themselves (for example the LGBT cards post and the banking license)

Not that I use Reddit, but it’s a bit stale trying to talk to staff here. I’m also getting tired of the updates that don’t actually contain the functionality that the update says-tbh. Like the vaults the other day, I required a further update before it was available and the same with SmartDelay (that I can’t access yet)

1 Like

Yes I do use Reddit. I only subscribe to a few forums (related to travel, aviation and finance) but one of them is Revolut.

I’ve certainly been using r/Revolut more often than here recently, TBH, because the nested discussion format makes it much quicker and easier to read all the stuff that’s of interest. I use the excellent Apollo app on my iOS devices rather than a clunky browser opening up tabs.
I’m not a fan of the stock app that they keep spamming you with whenever you click a link to a reddit article/comment but Apollo makes the whole Reddit experience much nicer (maybe BaconReader is also worth a look).

2 Likes

I also use and read /Revolut lately, i see a lot of blocked accounts posts that they don’t post here or if they do are not approved. But still there is not any :r: staff activity in any of this pages.

3 Likes

I don’t know what happened, but looks to me as the Community is kinda full of life again :thinking:

And after trying the last one to two months getting any posts approved mine got today within minutes approved :partying_face:
For me, this was always the biggest hassle…not able to post anything as they got never approved - hopefully, this has been improved now :slight_smile:

1 Like

in my opinion it is a huge mess.
A lot of the new poster requesting help which only Revolut themselves can provide, but they don’t do it in this forum.

3 Likes

At least driving some traffic in this post will make them realize that people actually want to post and need to take some actions!

I doubt they will realise it. To make it even worse, people are posting in whatever topics they can find and deem to fit best (and digging up threads dead for years) due to the discourse permissions given to new users. They can’t post a new thread.

4 Likes

Sorry, I don’t want to hijack this thread. :innocent: But I (a new user) just want to test if I can post a response in an existing thread.
Opening a new opic would be another dream … :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Keep the good posting up one day you will be worthy!