Is it possible to have a revolut visa card ?

You can order MasterCard and / or Maestro from Germany.

I got my Revolut basic card about a year ago (Swedish address) and it is a VISA. Iā€™ve been toying with the idea of upgrading to either Premium or Metal, does anyone know if I automatically would get a VISA (as I already have one) or have Revolut simply chosen to go with Mastercard from now on?

IĀ“d prefer a VISA, simply because all of my other crds are Mastercard/AMEX and IĀ“d like my bases covered.

You can simply check the app. You will get exactly whatā€™s available there. This wonā€™t change when you switch to a different plan.

(Revolut startet with Mastercard only, Visa was introduced later, virtual cards are still Visa, and availability still varies between countries. Premium / Metal always were Mastercards everywhere.)

2 Likes

Thanks man, very good info. It would be sweet with the option to get a premium/metal VISA as wellā€¦

4 Likes

Any chance to bring back Visa in Poland and other countries? Believe us, that there are many countries and places when Mastercard can be used only as a stand for beer: smile:
About one year ago you said, that you plan to give us possibility to select between MC and Visa - still you plan to introduce it in Poland?

3 Likes

I agree. There are many countries that have preference for Visa or MC. I already have two MCs and looking for Visa otherwise Iā€™m left with cash payments only. It would be great to have a choice between the two cards.

3 Likes

@podgib
I experienced the very same in Africa: Visa is better accepted over my MC.

For this reason, I tried to advocate that Revolut would need to separate the cards from the home address, since in Europe you can easily get by with both cards. Unlike in other continents, especially in Africa.

Unfortunately, most of times in Africa I canā€™t use my Revolut MC and I have to carry cash always with me. Then what for I have Revolut?

We, the users of Revolut, are people who travel a lot and need to change currencies often. And we prefer to do it with the best rates. In fact, if understand well, it was the initial idea of creating Revolut. And itā€™s my case perfectly too.

I hope soon we will have the option to chose by ourselves which type of card is needed for our own purposes when traveling.

3 Likes

Still not able to order visa card
Denmark

There is a ā€œworkaroundā€ to get a VISA into your :r: account:

Wilko stores are located all over the UK.

2 Likes

on the other side, not every :r: user is located in the UK

3 Likes

Very true. But when you visit the UK for your vacation or know someone there you can easily get one. Not the best workaround but at least one way to get one. :slight_smile:

What BIN number does these Wilko store cards have?

The BIN identifies them as a VISA prepaid debit card from the UK.

Mine carries the BIN of 4596 5482.

1 Like

What happen then the card expire?

Do i need to travel back to UK to get a new card?

Yes, when the card expires in a few years you would have to get a new one. But thatā€™s a bridge to cross once youā€™ll get there. :sweat_smile:

Are they building a bridge across the Channel? :wink:

Okay
So i have to pay for a trip to UK to get a new visa card
Thatā€™s not a great option

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I previously wrote:

1 Like

Itā€™s an interesting question on how Revolut handles the replacement process. Traditional high Street banks just send you a new card with the same number and a new expiration date. On the FAQ itā€™s not written very clear.

https://www.revolut.com/help/card-issues/my-revolut-card-is-due-to-expire

1 Like