Irish IBAN

Well it would be awesome if the countries where they have a branch get a local IBAN and more products.

1 Like

I can’t really think of any other reason for setting up a branch when local IBANs aren’t the plan. They’re not just local offices. Doesn’t mean they follow through in all instances, though.

3 Likes

Not supported BIC

Since i got Irish IBAN, I cant deposit to Coinbase.

They say
"We’re here to clarify your concern.

We located your recent SEPA verification deposits, but they were sent from a BIC that we are not currently supporting, as it’s not registered on the SEPA Scheme."

Any idea when this will be fixed?

1 Like

@Huttu Hello :wave: and welcome to the :r: community. We’re thrilled to have you here :hugs:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand that you’re unable to deposit to Coinbase due to the BIC not being currently supported by Coinbase. :frowning_face:
We suggest contacting Coinbase support to inquire if there are any alternative deposit options available to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of further queries. :smiling_face:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

Hi,

I have a question regarding my Irish IBAN. I wish to use my Revolut as my main bank but, I seem to be getting conflicting information. The account number and sort code I have been provided do not match my IBAN. They are completely different. For me to inform my employer they used the details of my IBAN and broke it down into the two codes which do not match the codes I get when I go through the app. These codes seem to be similar to UK account and sort code numbers which makes no sense?

1 Like

@BenH Hello :wave: and welcome to the :r: community. We’re thrilled to have you here :hugs:

We are sorry for any confusion caused by the conflicting information you have received. :frowning_face:
Please note that the account number and sort code displayed in the Revolut app are for UK domestic transfers but can also receive Euro payments through SEPA. Your Irish IBAN is used for international transfers and can receive payments from non-UK countries.

To provide your employer with your account details, use your IBAN and BIC, which are unique to your Revolut account.

Hope this helps. :blush:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply!

My employer requires my Account Number and Bank Key along with my IBAN. Hence why I am confused as to how I can input this?

1 Like

IBANs are just a fancy way to format the same old information. Select the currency you’re being paid in, then forward the account information provided under the “local” tab. Check with an online tool what the formatting would be if formatted “old school”.

3 Likes

Edit: I am assuming you’re being paid in EUR from a company in Ireland, so it’s going to be a SEPA transfer. The IBAN is really all the employer needs to facilitate the transfer, but maybe talk to them that all your bank provides you with is the IBAN so you’ve looked up the account no yourself.

2 Likes

Hey Frank,

Yep I am paid in Euro. The employer just picked the account/sort numbers from my IBAN and entered it to my profile in work. Its just when I went to find these details for myself through the app it gave different numbers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because you most likely looked at the wrong place. You probably found account no and sort code on the GBP tab, not the EUR tab. Revolut, like most banks I know, does only provide an IBAN an BIC, as this is the required information under SEPA regulations. (This is based on the assumption that the app in IE works similarly to what I am seeing. It might be different for you.)

The old data model is outdated:

since the 1 February 2014 the IBAN (and BIC) is, in principle, to be used to identify payment accounts when making credit transfers and direct debits.

But you can “decode” every IBAN. It’s different for every country, and in most cases based on their former national sort code and account no data model. That’s why IBANs have different lengths and structures in different countries. For Ireland, it works like this: Ireland IBAN Format and Example - Wise

3 Likes

@Frank Thank you for the clarification and additional information. :heart_hands:

@BenH I hope this helps answer your question. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. :blush:

1 Like

I’ve still not received my Irish IBAN. I have an Irish account and my tax residency is correctly set.

Support chat just suggested I wait longer.

1 Like

@krymson Hello :wave: and greetings from the Revolut community. :hugs:

Don’t worry, you will have your Irish IBAN in no time! Sometimes these things can take a wee bit longer than expected, but we’ll keep a close eye on it for you. :blush:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

Hello, I have an important question! :slight_smile:

I am thinking about closing my current UK Revolut account and then opening a new Irish account immediately after. What can you tell me about the whole procedure? Is it going to be quick and painless since they will have most of my data saved anyway?

Thank you for your answers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Farisca Hello and welcome to the community. :hugs:

It appears that the conversion you mentioned, from a UK to an Irish Branch is not supported within the Revolut platform. :frowning_face: To proceed with such a change, you need to close your existing Revolut account and then re open a new account. :blush:

Veda | Community Team

1 Like

Looks like since I was switched to the new Irish IBAN I’m back with an old problem from a couple of years back. :frowning_face:

Revlout will only give either CHASGB2L or BARCGB22 as Correspondent / Intermediary banks for international wire transfers. Unfortunately Fidelity in the US requires a US based intermediary for wire transfers i.e. a BIC in the format xxxxUSxx. With my LT IBAN I’d been using CHASUS33 successfully for the last couple of years, however it appears JPM Chase in the US have not yet update their records to also include Irish Revolut Ireland account routing. It would be great if Revolut request JPM to update their records as I’ve just been hit with a $50 fee for a failed wire transfer and I can’t use Revolut until I can identify a US based intermediary bank has the correct routing information to support Irish IBANs.

Now that Revolut are also starting to migrate Business Accounts (which I also have one of) I think getting a US based intermediary bank should be high on their priorities even if the GB based ones remain the “Official” ones.

2 Likes

As an employer, we still have employees in Ireland with Lithuanian IBANs and this involves manual workarounds for payroll.

Any news when ALL Irish customers will have Irish IBANS please rather than just “early 2023”?

1 Like

What kind of workarounds and why?

repeat (posted that already) :

2 Likes

Hi, system restrictions do not allow an IBAN from a country other than the employee home country

1 Like