📊 Investing in stock market

I would like to see market level 2 graphics. And of course minimum 24 hours chart NOT 1 week.

2 Likes

1. It will be nice to have a history of all transaction (buy and sell, not just one of them) and analytics attached to a transaction account to display your evolution (down/up) over time of your transaction account.

2. Another idea (idk how great or bad is) that personally, I never saw it somewhere is the possibility to have the option to create groups in the trading account. Like a chat group but instead of chatting, you trading together.

In this group idea, you can see each other member trading skill and history over trading or permission to don t let them see it

And in this group, you have the possibility to give a level of permission to each member.

• Like, for your father you give the max level (10) and at this level, he can sell, buy, fund group account and more.
  • To your friends, you can give them level 8 and at this level, they have a lot of permission but not like your father who got the max level.
  • For strangers who trust your “business” and trading skill, pretend they are clients and give level 1 permission (just to fund account).

And after selling a stock, automated share the profit/ lose between members who invest in this stock, etc.

Not sure how legal this would be.

1. Group trading? Revolut hasn’t even got joint accounts yet, also pretty sure shares are issued in the name of an entity. So you have to establish a business and wait for stocks and shares in regards to businesses to launch or to only have it issued in a single persons name
  2. Who’s this marketed towards? No one that I can think of would want to pool money and then be tied into investments of someone else
  3. Granular permissions - so I can bully my girlfriend into putting all of her income into this trading account and then give her no ability to even choose what we invest into. Sounds like a gateway to financial abuse.
  4. Permissions that actually allow people to ruin my portfolio. Seriously, granularity is cool but when they can literally liquidate all of my assets it screams something I should stay away from
  5. Revolut trading isn’t for businesses so far. It’s for investing as a person.
1 Like

Are the investments protected up to a certain amount? Standard in Europe for stock accounts seems to be 20k. Couldn’t find this info anywhere in the FAQ.

1 Like

3 weeks later, still nothing for “Standart” users, when to expect - 2020?

2 Likes

7. Your money and your instruments

This section of the agreements provides you with important information about how we treat your money and your Instruments.

Is my money safe?

All funds deposited into your Revolut Electronic Money Account in connection with the submission of Orders and any profits and other monies credited to your Revolut Electronic Money Account in connection with the performance of your Positions will be held by Revolut Ltd, an entity authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (with firm reference number 900562) as an Electronic Money Institution under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011. For more information on how Revolut Ltd will protect your money, please read the General Terms of Services of Revolut Ltd, which you can find here.

What happens to my Instruments after I buy them?

After your Orders have been accepted and executed, your Instruments will be executed by the Third Party Broker, who will arrange for your Instruments to be held in accordance with applicable law. It is important to note that we will not be responsible for safeguarding your Instruments and we cannot do so as a matter of law. Whilst we have exercised all due care, skill and diligence in appointing the Third Party Broker, we are not liable to you for any loss or damage caused by the actions of the Third Party Broker, save where such loss or damage arises as a result of our fraud, wilful default or negligence. Further detail on how the Third Party Broker will arrange for your Instruments to be held can be found here. 7. Your money and your instruments

This section of the agreements provides you with important information about how we treat your money and your Instruments.

Is my money safe?

All funds deposited into your Revolut Electronic Money Account in connection with the submission of Orders and any profits and other monies credited to your Revolut Electronic Money Account in connection with the performance of your Positions will be held by Revolut Ltd, an entity authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (with firm reference number 900562) as an Electronic Money Institution under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011. For more information on how Revolut Ltd will protect your money, please read the General Terms of Services of Revolut Ltd, which you can find here.

What happens to my Instruments after I buy them?

After your Orders have been accepted and executed, your Instruments will be executed by the Third Party Broker, who will arrange for your Instruments to be held in accordance with applicable law. It is important to note that we will not be responsible for safeguarding your Instruments and we cannot do so as a matter of law. Whilst we have exercised all due care, skill and diligence in appointing the Third Party Broker, we are not liable to you for any loss or damage caused by the actions of the Third Party Broker, save where such loss or damage arises as a result of our fraud, wilful default or negligence. Further detail on how the Third Party Broker will arrange for your Instruments to be held can be found here.

1. SIPC. DriveWealth is a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (“SIPC”). SIPC currently protects the securities and cash in your Account up to $500,000 of which $250,000 may be in cash. The SIPC does not protect against the market risks associated with investing. You acknowledge that, for purposes of SIPC, money market balances are considered securities. Securities and other assets held in your Account (except brokered certificates of deposit) are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (“FDIC”) and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested. To obtain information on SIPC, including the SIPC Brochure, go to www.SIPC.orgor contact SIPC directly at (202)371-8300.

Here is how dividend looks like
69CFA3C3-0843-48C4-B490-07D7FD0533C1

4 Likes

Where it says ‘Your trade confirmation will appear here shortly’ - anyone know what that is, and how long that takes to appear?
My trades all still have this line stated

I don’t know exactly how long it takes.
It’s your detailed statement of your stock purchase.

Alomu79

takes few days, i have closed some position last wednesday and i have the confirmation. all position closed this week, still not available.

PS. i’ve also noticed the confirmation is like a comulative report? i mean if i click on it, it will not include only the stock you were on, but also all the position for stocks you closed previous to that one.

I think that Revolut has enabled trading in the US stock market for metal users and soon premium and regular user will also have the chance to do it, with the possibility of buying fractions of a share. I think that it would be also disruptive to add less common stock markets (e.g. Asian stock exchanges) to diversify risks. Many regular trading brokers demand additional fees for operating in such markets. If Revolut simplified trading with cryptocurrencies, they could also consider to simplify access to these markets.

1 Like

Tbh if Revolut killed their holding fees and added tax-free accounts then I’d jump on their platform provided UK stuff and Asian markets come soon

Robinhood coming to UK!
From Revolut I’m expecting much more. At the moment it’s just a simple investing sub-tab hiding somewhere in the app with basic stuff. The tax-free accounts coming soon they say.

1 Like

where did you find about Revolut charging for holding fees?

They literally told us about it in the beta

literally in the trading terms
https://www.revolut.com/legal/trading/

1 Like

once again they forgot to mention that it also isn’t available in Switzerland (and Australia)

I wish they’d just leave the Swiss market so I can stop hearing about “but we didn’t get it” tbh

It’s been saying that on Google Play for a while, but no sign of anything in the app.

Rolling out slowly, I assume