Invalid transfer / bank account closed

I’ve got a serious problem: I send the notice to my German bank to close my bank account and transfer the money to my Revolut account. Unfortunately, I gave them the IBAN/BIC which is listed in my profile for EUR account (there’s no reference number, only beneficiay).

Right now, my bank account is closed, so I cannot access it anymore. And I’m not sure what’s going to happen with the money :frowning:. I don’t even know if they transferred the money via SWIFT, so that it is getting rejected (where would it end up then, with the bank account being closed?). Probably my best chance to get my money back to reach the hotline (nightmare!)?

I already tried to contact the Revolut support, but they need a proof for the bank transfer, which I don’t have, because the account is already closed. At least I should receive a confirmation for the notice, but that might take a (loooong) while.

Hey @timm :slight_smile:

When did you make this transfer?

Hi Juliopp, I didn’t make the transfer, but the bank did. Probably during the last couple of days. But without confirmation I cannot know for sure.

P.s. i really wish I was a more careful person

Hey @timm :slight_smile:

No worries. By the way, your EUR IBAN having only a beneficiary and no reference number is completely fine and normal. It’s a unique IBAN, not a pooled one :wink:

You can call your previous bank and ask them to provide you with the precise date the transfer has been / will be made, but banks in Spain (I don’t know about Germany) might take some days to fully close the account and transfer the funds.

1 Like

Oh really? I didn’t know it was a unique account. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the info! I never closed a bank account, so I don’t know how long it takes, but I freaked out when I couldn’t access the account via online banking anymore, so there was no way to get a confirmation about the bank transfer.

1 Like

I can’t work out how to start a new topic - this is something similar though.

I’ve made a withdrawl from my PayPal to my closed Revolut account.

How can i fix this? I can’t talk in the app obviously because the acount is closed!

On Revolut’s website, you can read the paragraph of the Terms and Conditions that explains your various options to contact the company. They are not providing support here.