Invalid Phone Number..

I attempted to create an account for Revolut recently, One I have selected my area code, input my mobile number and created a passcode for the app, I receice a pop up message informing that my phone number is ‘invalid’.

Please note that many of friends of the same location have created an account in the past dew weeks.

Could someone please help me do this before my holiday in 2 weeks!

1 Like

@ShawnCardoso Where are you based?

Jersey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

@ShawnCardoso Strange - That should be +44 followed by 10 digits (9 if you exclude the 0 prefix) <-- have you tried without the 0 prefix?

I have attempted that with multiple numbers (friends and family mobile numbers) and yet it is still invalid.

I am running out of time so I may have to just purchase a sim card from the united kingdom

Try sending a PM to @anon33247966 of Revolut, he’s incredibly helpful on these forums.

1 Like

:wave: Thank you @smanor

1 Like

Hi @ShawnCardoso,

I’m really sorry to inform you that our services are not yet available to Jersey residents. We’re working on it as we aim to expand our services globally.

Hi i have the same problem i live in canada

1 Like

Is this the same for Canada? It keep saying my phone number is invalid?

Hi, Is this the same for Canada? It keep saying my phone number is invalid? Thank You.

Hey! Unfortunately, Revolut is only available for EEA residents right now. :frowning:

1 Like

Oh OK, Thank you so much for your reply.I am living in Canada at the moment, but returning home to Ireland at the end of the summer - Do you think I could us an Irish number to set up an account from here? Revolut’s exchange rates are far superior to anyone else I have checked out - Would be fab if I could work it some how :slight_smile: Loretta

Hi Loretta, at some point, you have to verify your identity with some sort of ID / passport with a valid EEA address. If you still have access to your Irish phone and you are an Irish citizen, I assume that is good for opening an account.

Thank You Frank :slight_smile: Loretta

Hi guys,

I’m having a similar issue. I’ve set up the app, but when I try to login via browser window I get an invalid number message. The number is definitely correct though. I’m also having problems with the app itself. I can login but it asks me to start a chat, and when I do that nothing happens (have had it open for over an hour now). Please can anyone offer any advice/help? Thank you!

Michael.

Hi

Is there any way you can help me?

I am an old Revolut member and have not used my account for a long time I have since changed my number and don’t remember it. Is there anything I can do to get my account back ?

Hi!

Revolut doesn’t see to recognise my phone number. It coaxes me to make a new account. I have never had a different number so this is impossible.

My email is recognised if I go through the motions of making a new account.

Hi, today the customer service told me to re-install the app in my iPhone 11 Pro, and after that I am not able to log in anymore. When I type my telephone number it says that “The verification code or phone number you entered is incorrect”.
Strange things are:

1. from my iPhone 5s it recognises the telephone number but not the pin
  2. from the website I can login and talk to the customer service
4 Likes

Hi! I’m unable to Sign up for a business account, it Sats Invalid phone number