Introducing Rev Me! 📲

Someone tried to pay me using a card issued in the US and their bank has blocked the transaction for security reasons (Chase). She tried twice then stopped trying so I had to provide with an alternative payment method which is causing delays in her payment. I requested USD from her. Is there anything we can do to get around issues like this? I know she would need to contact her bank but it just doesn’t look good from the clients’ point.

2 Likes

Hi, just to confirm then the Rev Me function does not really work at all? I have tried to use it but all I am getting is a request to join revolut? I want to pay some money back to a friend using my US credit card, I have a UK based account, for some overseas expenses which I do not want to use my revolut account for. I am finding there are no options available despite the bla-bla saying that Rev Me is working ?? Not from where I am !

Hi there, it does work, I just used it the other day.
Both inbound and outbound works.
Try using a lower amount as Rev-Me has an user based limit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

By the way, your friend has a Revolut account and he is creating a Rev-me link, right?

I just tested it with 150$ and it was only showing me the option to join, but then I’ve tried with 2$ and it offered me the option to pay :slight_smile: ( must be because I’ve used Rev-me in the past week for over 100£)

Hi Mark, yes I took note of the previous comments and got my son to request less money, so it then worked well. Just so I know I then asked him to repeat the request and it reverted to asking me to join ! So I suppose we will be limited to one request per day, is that right ? Is it correct to say that the amount depends on his top up limit ? Is this figure adjustable, or is this in itself a techno challenge?? Thanks for you helpful advice. Adrian

Hey Bizbuz,

The limit isn’t 1 request daily, but it’s limited to a certain amount of $$$/week as far as I remember.
The limit itself should raise itself with time and usage, but there is no way for us users to request a raise on it, I’ve already tried to :frowning:
Still, it is really a good option for someone to pay what they owe you, and they will most likely improve this feature in the future. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Mark

I tried to send my sister 20€ but she was requested to join to revolut.
When is required to sing up since?
It wasn’t before :frowning:

2 Likes

Have you tried to send a request to anyone other than your sister this week?
There’s a certain limit / week which you can request.

I wasn’t requesting money. I was sending money.
I haven’t requested or send a lot of money tho :frowning:

Let me rephrase it, have you sent any amount this week the same way you’re doing it now?

No, I haven’t sent money this week.

At most I have created links to request 5€. Not received yet tho xD

Seems is not working at all today…
the link appears directly as expired

1 Like

Error 500 received from server.

1 Like

Oh, so it’s not just me :man_facepalming:
Ok… so I have to move my arse to the bank tomorrow morning to make a payment to Revolut (because my bank cards are waiting renewal so I was supposed to ask dad to send with Rev.me :man_facepalming:)

@anon33247966 any ETA for this to be fixed?

Dudes, rev.me is one of the most loved things for me in :r:
FIX IT! ASAP.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/GoldenPleasantIbadanmalimbe.gif

1 Like

@ValScholz Can you let me know when the Rev Me app will be working again? If it is going to be another few days, I will be moving to a more reliable provider.

Do you know any other provider to request to non-users? I would like to know too. This is annoying

Hey guys! We’re really sorry about this. The team is working on a fix, as we speak. I will keep you posted.

3 Likes

I love you guys :kissing_heart:

I have cousins who are leaving now for university and I’m pushing them to get Revolut cards as their parents can send them easily money through Rev.me in case of emergency :smiley:

Thank you, seems working now :grimacing: (didn’t tested yet but no error 500 anymore)