Introducing Euro Direct Debits đŸ’¶

Probably as with any other bank account. What would you expect?

The blog explained but for whatever reason it’s been removed.

Basically, you need to get a EUR account from Revolut. To do this, hit More -> Profile -> Account Details -> EUR. Once you’ve gotten your unique BIC/IBAN then you can use this when registering for Direct Debit with a service provider, give them this BIC and IBAN and they’ll be able to request variable amounts from your Revolut account.

There currently isn’t any way to deauthorize a Direct Debit, but I’d imagine a message to support will allow you to do this until Revolut roll out a feature to do this yourself.

1 Like

That is how it usually works. So I am not sure what the question is.

** cough ** cough ** Article in google cache ** cough **

Great news otherwise!! :+1: :clap:

Why is it that automated support is still saying that direct debits are not supported ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s supported for Euro accounts only, maybe it needs clarifying :sweat_smile:

The link is not working guys
https://blog.revolut.com/introducing-euro-direct-debits/

Does this mean it’s not yet live?

I contacted support and they said it hasn’t been officially announced and not yet available?? Very confusing.

How did you get VM to work with DD? My attempt did work.

I never got it to work. Customer support said I had to fill out a DD mandate form and post it to them and so I gave up.

Excellent post etc

I m just currios does this mean I can have the electric company aoutmatically deduct their bill from my euro account aswell?

the EUR account labeled as “local” (SEPA) supports direct debit, and can’t be discriminated for starting with GB instead of your own country. SEPA regulations.

Good feature too this
 didn’t know about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any news on UK direct debits other than “coming soon” ?

2 Likes

Direct Debits is working OK but it doesn’t work 100% like in a “regular” bank.
While in a regular bank I can reverse the transaction up to 2 months without any consent of the vendor, in Revolut we cannot.
After the transaction is made we cannot reverse it anymore in Revolut.
So, this is not a great feature for me.

Have you talked about this with support? The option to revers a direct debit is regulated, I believe a service provider can’t just simply leave that out. But it’s not regulated how it’s done. So you might have to contact support for this.

Yes, I talked to support about this and they told me that after the transaction is done, they cannot reverse it. I couldn’t find any option on the app to do this also.

Hm, there’s something is not right here. There must be a way to revers direct debits that are based on an expired or wrong direct debit mandate.

Since SEPA direct debit mandates can be valid for one time or recurring payments, the bank (Revolut) can’t know at what point a subscription is cancelled and the mandate is withdrawn. By regulation, the customer has 8 weeks to ask for a reverse without stating reasons. And in case of dispute (like when the direct debit mandate wasn’t valid), up to 13 months.

I have no experience with Revolut and direct debits, but it seems unlikely that reversals aren’t possible at all.

It also seems unlikely that e-money institutes are exempt from implementing this.