Information verification for account

Hi, I’m travelling tomorrow and my account is locked as you are trying to verify the information provided via the app support. Pls can someone let me know what else is needed as a standard message of we will get back to u in 24 hrs just doesn’t cut it …

Hi there. Thank you for your patience. I’ve escalated this issue to the relevant team which is better suited to help you with your request. Please note a member of the team will contact you via in-app chat shortly.

Hi, My account is locked. It says need more information. Please unlock My account

Sorry about that could you tell me how can I start a new thread pls ?

Hi AndreasK,
I face an issue for the last 10 days and Revolut live agent has not appeared yet, even if I ve been trying to reach out through Live Agent help. In more detail, Revolut blocked my account, asking for more info, which I provided on teh spot but since then, 4th June, noone has contacted me…The urgency of the issue is that I have tied up my student loan, rent and mobile data package, thus I cannot continue funding these activities without Revolut. Can you please help?

Hi! As a new customer can i use my Revolut account to pay contacltess using apple pay, without receiving yet and activate my Revolut card? Waiting for Your reply Thanks