Increase the 24 hours limit for top up

Hi, is there an option to increase the limit for top up? The current limit is to low because I’ve just added a new card and it will be great not to wait the following days to get a bigger limit.
Thx!

1 Like

Hi there.

For newly added cards, most of our users will have a top-up limit between £1000-£3000 (or currency equivalent) per 24 hours. Some users may find they have a lower daily limit to begin with, however, your daily top-up limits will increase over time. We suggest:

Try and top-up your desired amount. If the amount is over your top-up allowance, you will receive a pop up message notifying you of the daily limit for that card and how much you can top-up today. If you wish to top-up more than your daily limit, you can use another debit or credit card, alternatively top-up via bank transfer. Unfortunately for security reasons we cannot provide the specific details around how your top-up limits are calculated.

Thank you for your fast reply!
Unfortunately the current limit is around 200 euro and I need to have 1500 :slight_smile:
Right now I don’t have other card to try to see what will be the limit.

1 Like

You will be able to top up large amounts via bank transfer.

I saw this option but in my case it will be an international transfer which will take a few days to be completed. Right now I have to find a quicker solution, it’s quite a last minute situation :slight_smile:
Thank you very much for the information!

1 Like

Same Problem here. Trying to top-up in HUF with a Hungarian card. The card is not new and has been used previously for smaller amounts.

“you will receive a pop up message notifying you of the daily limit for that card and how much you can top-up today.”

There is a pop-up message but the limit is not displayed. I could only figure out a valid sum by trial and error. And I’m sitting here since ages to receive the money I’v paid. This is really frustrating with a premium plan.

And no, topping up with bank transfer is not a viable option, as it costs a lot of money, especially since Revolut has discountinued the Hungarian local account. Very frustrating experience.

Hello! I am also facing this problem, I see that this thread is from 2018 so I am amazed how you do not make it clear from the start that the top up value is not unlimited and you allow your users to complete transactions with large sums of money.

I did my registration today due to an emergency for which I needed to use a credit card to pay for an hotel stay, did a top up of 1900 EUR just to find out it was declined but that the money left my account. I know the money will eventually comeback but It’s a very frustrating situation because now I don’t have my money in my account and I can’t also use it in the app… Hope other users see this before doing large top ups to their Revolut account.

1 Like

You can always make large bank transfers, in some areas in real time, if your sending bank supports SEPA instant for example.

Thanks Frank, I’ve seen that suggestion on this thread but since bank transfers are less reliable I didn’t want to take the risk of doing another 1.9k transfer to my Revolut account. 48 hours are now elapsed and the 1st transfer that failed still hasn’t returned to my bank account - I am sure it will eventually. Cheers

FFS, should have read this post before doing a large instant top-up with iDeal. It was all my money because I wanted to stop my other bank and move to Revolut. Also happens to be my child’s birthday coming weekend and no access to my money. Great shit that I put myself in. Its very very very bad for a “professional” bank to have this issue.