Increase of top-up limit denied

Hi guys,
Been using Revolut for few months now and for the most part it is great.
I noticed on the free version i had a yearly top-up limit so i looked into premium where it was stated: Free Unlimited FX.
After upgrading to premium i noticed my first top-up limit stayed the same.
I increased my limit after verifying some information Revolut asked and now i have another top-up limit.This time around i was denied an increased top-up limit so i am stuck at 13k euro/year top-up limit.
My question is how can you advertise FREE UNLIMITED FX for the premium version when its clearly not Unlimited but very very LIMITED.

1 Like

I don’t aim to defend Revolut’s misleading marketing but you got unlimited FX over what you have on your account… your limits to top-up your account within KYC/AML rules are orthogonal.

you could exchange back and forth your 13k EUR until they get completely consumed by the bid/ask spread, without any extra fee from revolut… unless you do it on a weekend obviously.

it’s similar to having unlimited free ATM withdrawals in branches of your bank it is accidentaly limited by your balance.

3 Likes

It looks like you are angry that your top-up limit increase was refused… which is understandable but maybe there is a clear explanation behind it,?were you able to provide documents to prove your revenue?

Regarding the unlimited FX there is indeed no limitation at all !

1 Like

I changed the topic’s title to something more accurate.

Not the exchange is limited but the amount you can keep in your account (which obviously has an effect on everything else as well). As alejandro wrote you can exchange your funds back and forth all day long and wont run into a limit - not that this would make much sense of course :wink: but there is no limit on the exchange.

What you want to get fixed is your balance limit and for that you will need to provide the necessary documents.

1 Like

:rofl:

twentytwentytwenty

:hushed:I thought you were just a mortal like me. :bowing_man:

1 Like

Oh, I am, I am :slight_smile: Just one with a slight more touch of “regular” (<-- thats a link, not that Revolut didnt style it indistinguishable)

No special powers apart from violating thread titles :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

It shows that :r: really values its customers, especially those who get involved !