Include 0.5% (1.0%) weekend fee in built-in converter

Conversion is not just for card payments. Real time P2P payments and regular transfers rely on this as well.

You can always exchange some of your money before the weekend :blush:

That’s a good idea, but it works only for some currencies.

To overcome this incovenient another option is to be able to Freeze accounts same like you freeze cards.

You can already do that. If a currency is “deactivated”, funds aren’t withdrawn from that balance. Works for all wallets but one’s base currency.

Exchanges to my base currency is charged to 1%. During the week I want to block my base currency account (and that is not possible) and use EUR exchange. During the weekend I want to block EUR account and use base currency account.
If the currency exchanged during the weekend will be put on hold and (block the exchanged money) and exchange will be unblocked on Monday when markets will open the no more issues :slight_smile:

And that is exactly what would make real time P2P payments with a “what you see is what you get” rate impossible.

Then in this case make the payment at Friday midnight rate, charge the 1% separately, and settle the 1% on Monday when market is open again…to be fair.

And charge more in case 1% doesn’t cover it?

Exactly, it is not :r: fault that the market has changed as is not fair to pay 1% regardless what happens in the market.
Then can even charge 2% but settle it Monday.

Well. A P2P transfer is available for the recipient in real time. Settling on Monday would bring the risk of insufficient funds for a transfer at the time of settlement. Revolut does not allow negative balances.

Concerning what is “fair”: the mechanism is transparent. Other banks use mid-market rates. Is it “fair” to pay an average rate for a day instead of a live rate? I don’t think “fair” is adequate here. Its not unfair to a customer not to be the cheapest service at any given moment.

2% charged extra at the time of the transaction should suffice not to have a negative balance on Monday, unless World War 3 starts or another Bernard Madoff comes out of the closet over the weekend :smile:

it still doesn’t seem include weekend fees in converter or it’s buggy, i was charged 68zł for £14.05 transaction (at 0.2066 ex.rate), while converter still says it’s 67.26zł

Why not just convert to the currency you will be spending in whilst the markets are still open?

Which one converter do you mean? This one?

If yes- it is perfectly ok

nope, the one you get by tapping icon in top right corner, middle tab

2 Likes

Correct @maniel. I created this topic in Jun 2017 and this converter still doesnt show true value of conversion. Everytime I use converter and then make actual transaction Im getting less than expected.

It works perfectly ok. Your checking it in wrong way. Watch this out:

i know, it’s exchange from pounds to zł, but if i have zł in my revolut account and want to pay in punds i expect to see what i pay in zł

But converter works like this:
I have 68 PLN in my wallet.
How much is it in other currencies?
Answer: 14,05 GBP, 20,01 USD, 16,2 EUR,…, and so on