In App Support - useless?

Dear Sir/Madam

I am new using your platform , I had two small issues so far.
However , trying to use your in App support has been proved useless , no one is there.

Are you serious about support?
Do you have KPI to show? what is the “SLA” for us customers?
My main concern is (as I belive anyone using Revolut) no one will be there if a emergency/serious issues happen.
I am not feeling confident at moment to be honest.

My experience has been a lot better. They’ve always managed to help me and it didn’t take a very long time (around 1h). And I don’t think it’s because I’m a premium user, even when I was standard they answered all my questions pretty quick. The only plus that I have now as a premium user is 24/7 support.

c0stin

I am certain there will be instances of a better support.

The issue that somehow disapoints me is the fact that no mather when I’ve tried the in App support, it was always “…under high volume of requests…” (not a good sign for a start - why so many people are contacting them?Is the patform always having issues?Is the App so buggy that requires continuous babysiting? are there very few people supporting it? etc) and the usual standard response “…we apologise … etc … we are looking into this…” .

What is more worring about Revolut, in my opinion, can be found on their terms and conditions:

“2.3 We reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Revolut Services at any time, including hours of operation or availability of the Revolut Services or any Revolut Services feature, without notice and without liability. We also reserve the right to impose limits on certain Revolut Services features or restrict access to some or all of the Revolut Services without notice and without liability.”

And even more worring (I am not totaly sure the border line status here regarding compliance - I haven’t checked the details to be honest)

"No Warranty

12.3 THE REVOLUT SERVICES IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. REVOLUT, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, JOINT VENTURERS, EMPLOYEES AND SUPPLIERS OF REVOLUT, OUR PARENT OR OUR AFFILIATES, (COLLECTIVELY, “REVOLUT PARTIES”), MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY THE REVOLUT SERVICES USED ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE REVOLUT SERVICES, OR FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THE REVOLUT SERVICES.THE REVOLUT PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE REVOLUT SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. THE REVOLUT PARTIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SYSTEM FAILURES OR OTHER INTERRUPTIONS THAT MAY AFFECT THE RECEIPT, PROCESSING, ACCEPTANCE, COMPLETION OR SETTLEMENT OF PAYMENT TRANSACTIONS OR THE REVOLUT SERVICES. THE REVOLUT PARTIES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT."

The above doesn’t inspire much convidence - in my personal opinion.

And indeed I have read those fine prints before signing the service - I am just evaluating it at the moment due personal interest and the “hype”; coments such as "… it is marveleous… " or “… a much better experince than with banks…” or “…this is the future, the way the market is going, banks have their days counted…” etc.

I am keeping an open mind, but I cant see a “revolution” yet using “Revolut” …
Some good ideas? I have to say yes.
Convinced? Not yet.
Disapointed at the moment? I certainly am.

I am about to start using another provider , I certainly will have some more “data” to compare Revolut with.

We shall see.

I suppose that the support team is pretty small at the moment and that’s what’s really slowing them down. I’m also a pretty new user, but I enjoy using my Revolut card more than my regular debit card. Hope the support will get better with time! :r:

This is standard boilerplate terms and conditions. Look at the T&Cs for every major service and bank online.

I had to clear security with Revolut over Twitter Direct Messaging the other day because after multiple waits in excess of 2 hours I tweeted them to resolve the situation. During the DM’ing session the person manning Twitter jumped into Live chat to talk to me. This suggests to me there are people who could support but either choose not to or have been told not to unless someone makes enough noise

I applaud the responsiveness via Twitter even if I do question making me clear security over a non secured messaging platform.

Contrary to popular belief Revolut is not a FREE product, the company makes money through my use of it’s product and therefore “as is” support is unacceptable.

I’m actually on the free plan as I’m still getting my head around the service (sounds too good to be true, but it actually is so far :slightly_smiling_face:). I’ll go premium as I finally feel comfortable about the features of the service, and by then customer support will be 24/7. Yep, that’s a premium feature!

As of today, although not immediate, customer support has been very helpful, answered at most after a couple of hours, and solved all my issues. They are also very nice and polite! I do get the very same notifications as you do, however just wait and someone will answer you asap.

@marco.revolut at what end you need a marketing report? KPI, SLA and for what I can tell any marketing bullshit is not guarantee whatsoever of your satisfaction. What’s your experience instead, and how customer support has not been able to solve any issue you had? Additionally, are you running on the free tier or premium?

You know, not feeling confident without even trying doesn’t make much sense… And these guys have a customer support, an open community and are pretty reactive on Twitter as well.

Why are you complaining @marco.revolut? Words like useless are pretty harsh… You should have a very good reason to rate Revolut customer service a zero in a scale from zero to anything :thinking:

So please, be specific, explain what exactly is your issue, maybe share a screenshot of your question unanswered on your phone and someone here or there will probably help you out :slight_smile: Right now your intervention looks more like trolling…

Their support is indeed useless. The purpose of the chat support is to get an answer immediately otherwise you would use email or even community forums to wait 24 hours to get a response back. In the past few weeks all the time I tried to use the chat support nobody got back to me for at least one hour and that was the minimal. You know if a provider has your money i.e banks and something goes wrong or something doesn’t work as it should i.e you have a problem you will be very worried and you want to reach somebody immediately to get it sorted. If you don’t get a reply for hours that raise alarms right away and people will simply not trust their money to Revolut.

I know they are not a bank but phone support at least for the premium users would help much as well because right now support is a single point of failure. If the app doesn’t work properly for some reason you have no official way to reach out them so this is something they should improve ASAP!

Again I strongly disagree with this attitude @zwt. Useless means of absolutely no use in English. Your assumption about the purpose of chat support is totally wrong or largely incomplete at best. For most simple questions though there’s a bot that will point you to documentation if you are lazy and didn’t take time to read it –I don’t understand you guys… You do take time to check the boilerplate tiny print about warranty and stuff, and overlook the big bold FAQ… doh :expressionless:. For everything else there’s live support and exclusive customer support is a premium feature! I’m a customer on a free tier and out of three requests all three have been solved in minutes from first handling. Human response averages about 4h wait in my experience, but I guess if you are a Premium customer things will get better indeed.

If I have an issue with my regular bank I can call or go there, and it takes hours anyway to just figure stuff out… Then solution usually comes later during the day, or a couple of days after, not considering all the noise like figuring out stuff at the phone or wasting time going to the bank and waiting. Sometimes I’ve been asked to fax them documents :scream:. It was 2016.

Hey you know @zwt being a newcomer in this industry and building solid services like incumbents and serving a worldwide customer base takes time. How would your town bank compare?

Anyway… Are you at least a premium customer to pretend immediate handling? I think Revolut is far from perfect but the service is really promising and I’m willing to help co-create a banking service that doesn’t suck.

You know I have much more to complain about regular banks behavior than Revolut. If you are unhappy and are an-all-or-nothing kind of guy which need things ASAP otherwise it’s totally useless… well, why bother? Just pay the fees and stay with regular banks.

P.S.: Still trolling here both @zwt and @marco.revolut :sleeping: lot’s harsh words but no specific issue to report. I still have to understand what it is that you asked support for with such urgency.

What is the purpose of the chat support then? I believe the purpose of it is that if I have problems with my account that is not a question but an actually issue like my card has been blocked all of sudden and I can’t unblock it so it needs a human to investigate and deal with it then I can speak or write to a human and it get resolved.

For everything else there is no LIVE support because you have to wait hours to even chat with somebody and then once he replied to you initially he doesn’t anymore for another 40 minutes cos he is busy dealing with other costumers. If you want I can post the screenshots of this if you don’t believe me.

“If I have an issue with my regular bank I can call or go there, and it takes hours anyway to just figure stuff out…”

WOW. You ever have been on the phone with your bank for hours without picking your call?! Banks are strictly regulated regarding the response time. There are strictly rules about the timeframe they should take your call so if that happened you can sue them easily.

“Hey you know @zwt being a newcomer in this industry and building solid services like incumbents and serving a worldwide customer base takes time. How would your town bank compare?”

Yes I agree that not everything can be perfect especially for a startup but once you see the unsatisfied clients you knows that hey support is shit lets do something about it. They have to keep up with the growth. If they can’t they can put a cap and grow when they have enough resources again.

“Anyway… Are you at least a premium customer to pretend immediate handling? I think Revolut is far from perfect but the service is really promising and I’m willing to help co-create a banking service that doesn’t suck.”

As far as I saw being a premium costumer I get 24/7 support rather than business hours support which doesn’t really justifies the cost at least for me. They should provide decent costumer support even for “free” users.

We like to take advantages of the innovative startups hence we didn’t stick with the regular banks and we also like to save money so I’m just expressing my complaints here cos if they don’t know the issues they won’t know what to improve. Overall my view is that for now revolut is a great with small amount of money but I wouldn’t put my lifesaving on my revolut account.

I’m really having a hard time understanding what’s your problem @zwt… So you are just testing response time here… just in case you might have an issue with your card one day and it gets blocked right then when you are purchasing… say a Ferrari in Guadalupe? No real problem, no issue whatsoever… nothing? :rolling_eyes:

Curious how your regular bank performs just in case of asteroid showers… I’d spend some time at the phone with them to figure this out :joy:

Seriously @zwt relax… You are being so irrational. If there’s no issue to solve how can you trace back performance? Your card has not been blocked and there’s no problem to look at in order to solve hypothetical issues. And nobody is asking you to put everything in this basket… what the hell?!? You are again acting like an-all-or-nothing kind of guy, and that’s your only problem.

You know why live support for your regular Mastercard is there? To block it ASAP in case of theft. But you can block your Revolut card even faster from your mobile. I don’t believe that if your regular card is blocked because of a serious issue with your account position, anybody is going to unlock it ASAP for you just because you are going to buy a Ferrari in Guadalupe. Did you test them against this issue? :joy: And then… surprise surprise… Your Revolut card is a Mastercard as well. And what about your bank? Do you really think they are going to answer your call when you are at the opposite side of the world and it’s 2am at your bank’s location? During weekends? How does it compare with 24/7 support for premium customer? How does your bank cost you annually? What are you talking about?!?

My advice is just to use the service and become confident with it. From my experience I can tell it’s really worth it. With time you’ll understand by yourself how much you can trust the service and the support as well. That’s what I’m doing and I’m more than happy so far. No ASAP! No Immediately!! No useless!!! No bullshit :slight_smile:

The chat is a secured channel. An agent has all account details at hand. Only people with full access to the app can get account related sensitive customer informations.

The “know your customer” principle is crucial for banking services and way more complicated to follow via social media or support forums. Usually, with other online banks, someone from a social media team would tell you “sorry, we don’t have access to your account, please call customer support”.

The in app chat is the way to secure the communication. Its main reason is not being faster than other ways of communication but follow “know your customer” requirements.

? who told you this was a hypothetical problem? It actually happened with me. I’m always telling true stories here. I just looked up on the forum and I saw like 10 threads right away with card blocked problems. I have a regular bank account as well and I had no such issues with them for 3 years since I have their debit card. Do you remember the outage Revolut had maybe 2 weeks ago affected all the cards? that was not hypothetical either.

“You know why live support for your regular Mastercard is there? To block it ASAP in case of theft. But you can block your Revolut card even faster from your mobile”

Live support? where? there is no live support over the phone rotfl, its an automatic system but it seems you are having issues understanding what I wrote. My card got blocked and the unblock function was not working inside the app.

“And what about your bank? Do you really think they are going to answer your call when you are at the opposite side of the world and it’s 2am at your bank’s location? During weekends? How does it compare with 24/7 support for premium customer? How does your bank cost you annually? What are you talking about?!?”

Yes my banks has 24/7 support and actually again you don’t know the law because banks should maintain a 24/7 line for blocking cards just like Revolut does but the banks still use humans to interact with their clients. My bank costs 1EUR per month so 10EUR annually. If you want the bank name just let me know it looks like you need a better one.

Frank was this a response for me or for ihackalot?:slight_smile:

Stick with what you have pal :slight_smile:

For everyone, it is a public forum :slight_smile:

But mainly, it was a direct response to your question “why even a chat when it is not live and real time”.

I understand your frustration with Revolut’s support, and it is fair from your perspective to compare it with other banks. But only if one understands that current accounts are highly cross-subsidied products. Banks generate money somewhere else to keep account costs low and offer the support you’re hoping for.