Identity Verification Problem

I’m a new Revolut user but so far my experience has been very disappointing :-/. I’ve ordered my Visa card about two weeks ago. When I got it, I was excited to activate it and uploaded all the requested documents, namely a photo of my passport and my German work visa.

Now the thing is that I’ve recently changed my workplace. My visa is tied to my employer, so there is a number written on the visa that references an “additional note” which contains the name of my employer and some other information about what I’m allowed to do and so on. When I’ve changed my employer, I went to my local authority and requested a change in my visa. The change was granted, I got a new official “additional note” on an extra sheet in my passport. This new note has a new reference number. Thus, this new number was written below the old one and the authority placed a stamp on top of it to make it official.

After uploading my document to Revolut, they refused to activate my account saying that my document has been manipulated. But this is not true! It’s an official change made by a German authority, and there is an official stamp on top of that change. By now I’ve had three talks agents who finally sent me to the “special team” who haven’t yet written anything :-(.

Is there anyone who could help with that? Thank you a lot! I’d love to actually start using my new payment card :/…

1 Like

@anon33247966 should be able to help you

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply, I hope he can :slight_smile:!

No promises :slight_smile: but he is usually more “approachable” than your average Revolut supporter ;). They do have to perform their security checks but if everything checks out I dont think a document changed by official authorities should be a problem.

Only, dont expect too much before tomorrow morning/noon. Its already 11pm in good old Britain :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds very promising :smile: I’ve actually read some of his replies prior to posting here and it seemed like he could solve unsolvable problems! So I’ll wait and hope :laughing:

Hey there. Thank you for your patience. I’ve escalated this issue to the relevant team which is better suited to help you with your request. Please note a member of the team will contact you via in-app chat shortly.