idea #1002 Support iDIN in NL

Hello Revolut team (and my fellow Dutch users).

In The Netherlands we have an online verification tool which is called iDIN this means literally Identificate(iDentificeren) and log in (INloggen).

This tools helps Dutch people to log in through a secured bank log in to get access to their Credithistory (BKR), some insurance companies and employers and other places.

A few years ago this was something very rare to see, but currently more companies and insurances start to support this verification method to give access and it would be great if Revolut offers this too to make Dutch consumers able to switch fully to :r: without the need of a second bank to keep next to it so people can fully use Revolut.

I do believe that this tool is more important then supporting local IBANS here in The Netherlands.

8 Likes

Hello @Youssf :wave: Welcome to the :r: Community.

Thank you so much for your amazing suggestion. You know that at Revolut we are always trying to improve our products, so stay tuned! :smiling_face:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

As we passed some time and it is likely that Dutch IBAN’s are coming, I was wondering if there is some update on iDIN as this is a major identification tool which is similar to the iDeal system.

1 Like

@Youssf Thank you for your inquiry. While we don’t have specific updates to share at the moment, we are continuously working on expanding our services and improving the user experience. :rocket:

Veda | Community Team

1 Like

This might be good, but any banks like ING or ABN Amro, Rabobank, etc are just bad for not letting you use Creditcard (Visa or Mastercard) because you can’t buy any stuff or item outside the country. So that is why we decided to use Paypal and now Revolut also allows you to create a virtual or physical card, it’s great to see that!

Also, any Dutch bank tries to take your money like 5 or 1 Euro in some months, it’s really not worth too

Long Live the Great Revolut Empire!

1 Like

@SametDoi Hello and welcome back. :dancer:

I hear you loud and clear! Thank you for your kind words and we are thrilled to have you as a part of the Revolut Empire. :crown: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Veda | Community Team

1 Like

Of course! I don’t care if Dutch decides to continue Revolut or not, I will keep using Revolut myself than use my Bank. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am sorry but I do not understand your point?

iDin is a identification method in The Netherlands which is supported by some banks that allow you to log in safely with your banking details allowing the company/organization where you need to log in to see that it is you that is logging in to see your personal data or account.

That being said I don’t see the link between iDin and banks that do not allow you to use a creditcard as ABN, ING and Rabobank do offer creditcards which you can sign up for if you meet the requirements to obtain a creditcard which is depending on the bank either a MasterCard or Visa branded one.

1 Like

+1.
iDIN is an absolute must if Revolut wants to grow in The Netherlands.

4 Likes

@Youssf @Raymon Hello, Welcome back. :smiling_face:

Thank you for highlighting the importance of iDIN. We’ll take this into serious consideration for future improvement. :pray:

Veda | Community Team

1 Like

I totally agree with iDIN support integration. This is really needed in many places. Please get this feature asap. Having this feature would be great experience with Revolut

1 Like

@skgaurav Hello, Welcome to the community. :heart_eyes:

Thanks for the feedback! Rest assured we’re always looking for ways to improve experiences. Stay tuned for future updates! :sparkles:

Veda | Community team

Your dedication to maintaining the integrity and spirit of our community does not go unnoticed. Day in and day out, you handle each task with grace and precision, ensuring that every post is attended to promptly and with the utmost attention to detail.

1 Like

I expect that iDIN is not supported yet for the same reason as why it still isn’t posible to use :r: for Dutch tax purposes or in combination with Tikkie: the companies/government are unable to validate the account holders name using SurePay’s IBAN+Name Check.

However, also a vote from my end, as this should be implemented as soon as possible to avoid Dutch clients leaving :r: because they can’t use it as their primary account.

2 Likes

@iamthedutchdude Hello, Welcome to the community. :blush:

Thank you for the feedback. We understand iDIN’s importance and are actively exploring these solutions. We’ll keep you updated on any progress. :rocket:

@ursyathi Hello, Welcome to the community. :heart_eyes:
You’re making me blush hard. But seriously, I appreciate the kind words. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

Veda | Community team

Name checks will become mandatory in the SEPA area soon. In can see international providers like Revolut delaying national implementations of this feature that soon will have to be implemented for the whole SEPA area.

3 Likes

Hey, it’s now May 2024 and I was wondering what’s the timeline in Revolut’s roadmap for this feature. I now need to access BKR and only have a Revolut bank account, which doesn’t allow me to login to BKR. It’s a pretty important thing for anyone wanting to do a loan for example.

2 Likes

Hello @acatarinamiranda Welcome to the community. :wave:

Great to hear that you’re interested in accessing BKR. At the moment, we don’t have a specific ETA on this, but once we do, you’ll be the first ones to know! :hugs:

Veda | Community Team

1 Like

Hello i want to check my bkr when is it available for revolute users in the Netherlands

3 Likes

Hello @Kusmit Welcome to the community. :wave:

Thanks for checking in on BKR integration for Dutch Revolut users. We can’t confirm a timeframe yet, but we’ll keep you posted on any updates! :netherlands:

Veda | Community team

3 Likes