IBAN number

Any update on the ETA of those?

Strictly speaking this is correct. However, the move to SEPA for established companies in Ireland has not worked out as expected. I imagine itā€™s fine for one-off payments and B2B transactions but not for direct debits for paying bills. Admittedly itā€™s quite disheartening.

From personal experience, I switched 4 direct debits to Revolut which failed for four different reasons. One originator accepted the GB IBAN but their systems couldnā€™t process it; another from the looks of things simply stripped out the sort code abs account number and failed; third accepted the IBAN but failed at time of debit as ā€œtheir systems didnā€™t recognise the bankā€ and the fourth just plain rejected ā€œRevolutā€ upfront.

The solution appears to be - at least in the short to medium term - to issue national IBANs

Yes. That means, as far as I understand this, Revolut would have to meet criteria in every jurisdiction to register for local IBANs. In most cases, that would mean that they have to have a subsidiary, not just an office, in every country.

I am in Ireland and have just opened a new Revolut personal account - but am seeing I get a ā€œGBā€ IBAN. Am trying to figure out if (and when) I can get account with an Irish ā€œIEā€ IBAN - all help and guidance much appreciated ?

National IBANs are currently not offered. Thereā€™s no information available when and if that changes. Itā€™s a fair assumption that Brexit contingency plans are related to this.

How can I get a full informations bank extract (with bank name and logo). I send an extract just with my name and iban but it is not enough. They ask me more information.
Thanks for your help

Hi Iā€™m new to revolut, in Ireland and have a GB IBAN so canā€™t link some things to my account, can you tell me how to change to an IE number please?

Thank you

1 Like

Hi there,

I am in Ireland and need an IE or EUR IBAN as I have a UK one and I canā€™t link it with some things. How do I get an IE or EUR IBAN? Thanks!

Not possible.

twenty

Hi there
I canā€™t seem to add my revolut iban into banking 365.
Says iban is invalidā€¦Iā€™ve copied and pasted,vtried with and without spaces. itā€™s a valid iban but Iā€™m unable to use these details to ā€œaddbpayeeā€
Any ideas as Iā€™ve provided employers with this iban

Hello,

I have had a Revolut account since early 2018.
I receive my salary on it every month.
Iā€™ve just moved in and Iā€™m having problems with my electricity supplier, which does not accept the Revolut IBAN.
I sent them a letter reminding them of the laws but nothing has changed.
The only solution they offer me is to change banks.
Are there any French users who have managed to find an electricity supplier who accepts the Revolut IBAN?

We could create a table summarizing the French companies that accept the Revolut IBAN. What do you think about this?

Revolut, could you do this?

Do I have to take legal action or do I have to change banks?

Contact the appropriate authority in the country of your electric company. It should be relatively routine and straightforward for that authority to know what IBAN discrimination is about. Otherwise, it is set in Regulation 260/2012, art. 9(1).

But the UK will soon leave the EU and at that point IBAN discrimination will be legal for UK IBANs (in the likely even of a no-deal Brexit)ā€¦

1 Like

Thank you for your response.
After three days and three differents interlocutors, the last one immediately told me that he could register my IBAN, and it was done without a problem.
So from my side, and for future customers at Engie, you should know that it is possible to register your IBAN GB from Revolut at Engie, a supplier of (green) electricity, you just have to find the right contact person.