IBAN LT euro account in the UK?

This info does not seem correct.

The UK is still a SEPA member. (Similar to Norway and Switzerland. SEPA member despite not being EU member.)

The SEPA rules for EUR transfers clearly state that EUR transfers within the SEPA area have to be treated equally. A transfer in EUR from Lithuania to the UK would be within the scope of this regulation.

1 Like

Hi, I also can’t start a new topic, but have similar query. I’m living in Irish republic and my rev account is still showing a GB Iban which is a problem as i can’t get my account recognised as an option to be paid into on my website… Everything I read suggests all Irish account holders should have been migrated to LT by now… not getting anywhere much with the (possible) chatbots in the app chat…
Anyone know what’s happening and how to solve it?

I have just a completely ridiculous customer advice from Revolut:

I moved from Switzerland to Italy, and Revolut tells me, that they cannot change my address and my IBAN from a GB to LT, because “these are different company entities”.

=> The company trying to facilitate cross-boarder exchanges does not allow their customers move from one country to the other.

Completely ridiculous.

Since I cannot open a new post I will write here :).

I have opened my account when I was living in UK (still I am) and I had a "classic "UK account.
I made an euro account , which starts with GB.
What will happen when I will move back to EU and change my address there? Will I get an IBAN starting with the county of residence? ( IT for Italy, De for Germany…etc etc)

thank you

As far as I know, only French localised IBANs are currently available. All other regions get Lithuanian IBANs for now.

Thank you for your reply.
Will the default IBAN be changed to an EU IBAN when I change my address ?
(sorry again for this OT, but still not able to open an account)

As far as I know, you can’t simply change. You need to close the UK account and open a new EEA account. Support should be able to help.