I can't top up my revolut

I’ve read somewhere that about 90 percent of Belgian bank accounts are connected to SCT Inst.

Revolut supports SEPA instant credit transfers as well. That might be an easy and instant top up option for you?

2 Likes

That might indeed actually work since wire transfer works.
Unfortunately my bank adds a fee of 1.25 EUR for instant transfer which makes it (probably) usable but not “worth” it.

Thanks a lot though for the suggestion, I didn’t think about that one. :+1:

Still wonder what happened with Maestro cards…

1 Like

I have no insight whatsoever but the first thing that comes to mind are new tougher rules for strong customer authentication. As far as I know, Mastercard didn’t implement this the same way for Maestro. It’s either a bug (support might know more) or Revolut is phasing this out for Maestro cards which are going to be replaced with Mastercards in the next couple years.

1 Like

I’ve tried contacting Revolut support and I got the following answer (from Rita the bit):

You can add money to your Revolut account with a card in AUD, BGN, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HRK, HUF, JPY, NOK, PLN, RON, SEK, USD, ZAR. You should add money in the currency that your card is held in. For example, if you have a UK bank account, make sure you add GBP. If you don’t, your card will convert the money for you and charge a conversion fee.
We currently support Mastercard® and Visa® cards. Unfortunately, American Express is not supported.
Due to international restrictions in place, it’s not possible to top up your Revolut account with a bank card issued in Russia or Belarus.

So yes, apparently, Maestro is not supported… but I didn’t see any announcement about it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.