I cannot verify identity

Hello,

I can not get into mobile app. It says “We found problems with your documents”. When I post my identification documents and selfie, I get an email “You already have an account with us”.

I am stuck in a continous loop.

Please help as I can not operate my account.

Thank you

Computer says: No.

For the thousandth time: Contact :r: via social media (links on their homepage).

Hi,

I am having a lot of trouble verifying my identity. I updated the App in the app store and now it wants me to verify my identity, no issue with verifying my phone number or email but it wont recognise my face and I dont know what to do. I cant even get into the App to get to chat with someone and the helpline is no help!

Hello,

I can’t verify my account too. I use my national identity card 5 times and I have received 5 times an error. Im French and the photo on my identity card is me, younger. Maybe I can verify my revolut with the driver licence ? But when I try it it says me that is not a valide piece. Anyone could help me in private message ?

thanks and happy new year :slight_smile:

That’s the way to go. Please, everyone.

And if it worked for you, come back here, help spread the word that this forum isn’t a support channel and no option to get in contact with support staff.

Happy new year!

You solved the problem? I have the exact same issue and I dont know what to do

Hello! I have a problem. I firstly opened my revolution account when I was 16 but because I was underaged and I couldn’t put my ID I uninstalled the app. Now I am 18 and when I try to log in, it says that there are problems with my identification, and when I try to put my ID card it says that it is not possible because I am under 18. I am not able to put my ID card even though I am 18 now. How can I solve this problem?

I have moved to a new country, so I closed my old account, but I can not open a new one with the same email address? How do I fix this? (I don’t want to just use a new email - I only have one)

Why would I need to open another account to reach Revolut? My choice of staying off other social media

Be easier trying to contact deceased relatives

Your choice, indeed.

But here’s the thing: you just won’t get any help here. At the moment, Revolut doesn’t provide support via this community. But they do on social media.

@anon33247966 I have this same problem, that it doesn’t allow me to verify my identity although I’m over 18 now. could you delete my account so I can start again?

“There was an error uploading your selfie”
“ please take your selfie again”.

All over again.

Please, Don’t tell me quality was bad… :confused: that’s the best phone camera in the market now & the light is good too. I know what I am saying.
I’ve been trying 10 times with different light & different distance.

Nothing worked

Iphone ii xs Max
iOS 14.3

anon33247966 (AndreasK) is a former staff member of Revolut that isn’t active anymore in this community, that is why his account is anonymised (“anon”).

I’m experiencing a similar situation.
Got a confirmation saying I was verified, but when attempting to start the Metal plan it keeps repeatedly asking for my SSN. I’ve entered it quite a few times. Not sure what’s going on.
Heard you could help, @klusek
Thanks!

I am stuck on the below page in the app. Clicking the “Verify Identify” icon does nothing.
I cannot close the page either. It’s the first page I see upon opening the app. Turning off and on my phone does not work nor does re-installing the app.

Hi,

I was requested to upload more invoices and I missed the chat at that moment on December 12, 2020.
I’ve added the invoices on the chat but at this point nobody answer to me anymore and I triggered from January 4.
The chat is telling me that is looking for an agent, and that’s all.

I really don’t know what to do - since I have money blocked.

Regards,
Marcel