I am reporting REVOLUT with the FCA

Finally an answer from Support, thanks Val!!!

New users can’t wait for days for support to answer without feeling scammed, it isn’t hard to understand and this forum would be less busy if in-App support would work properly.

How to close the account and recover the money after ID verification process failed? You can imagine that without working support most people will not trust Revolut

1 Like

Hi @ValScholz,

Everybody understands you are required to verify certain things.

But you are certainly not required to hold funds that don’t belong to you.

And if you are well aware that support can’t reply in a timely manner, wouldn’t it be better if you immediately reimburse the funds that don’t belong to you?

That would be fair and nobody would feel “scammed” like @t0ma5 did.

Would it be very difficult to implement this?

3 Likes

Hi @JPINHO @t0ma5,

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll pass it to the team that is working on improving this part of our product.

As for your suggestion, all I can really say is that in reality due to all regulations and the nature of our business, this is not something that can be done that easily. Nevertheless, we’ll work hard to give you the best possible first impression that you could have of Revolut.

Best,
Val

2 Likes

So far I had a good experience using Revolut (I didn’t need support yet). That’s why I decided to recommend their service to friends and family. Now I feel guilty and responsible for the lack of support from Revolut after failure to verify ID. I came here screaming for help after in-App Support didn’t answer for days and Facebook support told me to use in-App.

When your ID Verification process fails (the app doesn’t provide an explanation) you are 100% at the mercy of Support in order to get your money back (if possible, yet to be seen in my case).

I havee recommnded to some people revolt duing the free card campain and they have been verified in less than 10 min. Also the card arrive even 1 day earlier than anticipated in app.

1 Like

Well, like any bank, they hold the funds because the user transferred them. The withdrawal is only a problem because the user hasnt been verified yet. What Revolut could probably do is refund them to the original source of payment, but to be honest I’d prefer if Revolut did not add yet another such administrative service just because of unreasonable users with a temper of a 5 year old. Their support seems to be overwhelmed already anyhow and I wouldnt want to have fees introduced or increased in order to cover the costs for those “special” customers.

One other thing Revolut could do is not allow top-ups for unverified accounts but then there’ll be yet again some people of the OP’s sort who will also complain about that.

That comparison is not accurate, the bank doesn’t let you deposit money in an account that was not verified because ID verification is part of the account opening process

It wasn’t like it is now before… I did it myself when opening my account. No verification was needed to use your money, there was a yearly limit of €3000 for non-verified accounts

3 Likes

You seem to be very keen of using terms like “special”, “daft”, etc… with others but as @t0ma5 easily demonstrated they would be better suited to your so-called “arguments”.

1 Like

Easily? Demonstrated? What did he easily demonstrate? Aforementioned temper? And “so called arguments”? Can you point out which of my advice was not accurate? I guess the complaint with the FCA has been already filed, hasnt it :laughing:

You just got schooled son! :sunglasses:

Your so-called “special” “arguments” were that any bank does the same, and that not allowing unverified accounts to use the money is the obvious way when Revolut allowed it when this app used to work.

Oh for f*** sake, learn to read and comprehend.

Nowhere did I write any of that sort. I wrote that every bank will keep funds when they are transferred to it (sort of obvious, that is what a bank is for). For the rest I simply outlined several solutions and why they might or might not work.

Read and understand, mate.

I think that’s the time of close this topic.
@ValScholz Would you mind…?

Nothing was solved… Once again, I think topics like this one wouldn’t exist with a decent in-app support

1 Like

I didn’t tell anybody that is time to erase this.

That, or a strictly no-robbery policy. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Incendiary remarks like that are soooo unhelpful in a forum like this.

Community or apologists?

2 Likes

Constructive criticism and advice to fellow Revoluters. Unlike the over the top reaction of some.

Criticism is treated as breaking of community guidelines followed by removal of posts.

2 Likes

My experience is different.

1 Like