How useful do you find the community

Has the community benefited you? No matter the answer we would love to hear it. Let us know what you think and what you would like more of.

Hello!

The community idea, if the Revolut teams does listen to us is amazing!
Why can’t I create a new thread in the Business section? I’d like to raise awareness regarding an important issue, but I can’t.

Why are thread creations disabled?

2 Likes

It is important that someone from Revolut is available to help the community users all the time and try to resolve the issues quickly.

1 Like

@tommyzat, in theory, after a while of being active on the forum you’ll be able to create new threads.

I’m saying in theory because in my case, after visiting the forum almost daily, viewing hundreds of threads, reading literally more than 10k posts and answering where I could, I’m still not allowed to do this.

Your mileage may vary.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they are actually disabled, there hasn’t been any new thread since early 2018. This is truly dissapointing coming from Revolut.

Hey @nomadus

We are working towards having the interactivity and content on the Community boosted. We have got an in-app chat which is our official support channel.

The community is more a place to discuss workarounds, ideas and all things related to Revolut hence it being called the Revolut Community.

We will be doing our best to provide as much knowledge as possible in response to posts, here on the Community, in the coming months, so stay tuned :pray:

3 Likes

I am glad to see that you are active on this community forum.

1 Like

No, how do I send a new query?

Hey there :wave:

The community works on trust levels, which has been noted above :top: . Once you increase your activity on the community your Trust level should follow suite. With this you will be able to carry out more actions :ok_hand:

1 Like

@klusek only thing about that is when you read enough of the threads on the forum there is quite a number of people that cant access the phone app due to system issues which means they are locked out of support.

And then they are prohibited from creating help topics here on the forum as well, so they are locked out of their account, locked out of the support function in the app AND they are blocked out of being able to create a support thread on the forum.

I completely understand the logic behind having a mechanism to control the flow of messages to stop spamming and things like that but you have kind created a system where without access to the mobile app or if you are one of the people where the system blocks your account like I was its virtually impossible to reach Revolut support.

And as a user you kind of feel like your money is trapped in Revolut with no way to get it back and a support experience where your left always thinking if something happens to my app like it did last time I could be trapped in airport, shop, restaurant or petrol station with zero access to support and it will take days or weeks to fix this issue.

If revolut had a backup support phone number that was not an automated block your card system(which is kind of pointless) and had real people on the end of the phone then issues that are taking days or weeks to fix could be fixed in a matter of minutes or hours.

And this would give more users the feeling of comfort and safety that if anything was to ever happen they have access to help so they can access their money on the Revolut system.

5 Likes

Not bad although Revolut is the only forum I am a member of where I can not create my own topics and post, I can only comment. Almost feels like Revolut does not trust their customers or is worried about what they will say or something.

I’d like a topic on Pockets to be created as it’s a feature I have been waiting for for a while. Am I the only own who feels it’s such an awesome feature?

2 Likes

rather poor, never liked the discourse takeover of forums. Most annoyingly I cant create posts, even though I received a message and earned a badge eyerole that I’m now priviledge to “feel free to start a new topic

I would also love to create a new post for an idea for Revolut, but I too cannot create a post even though I was told I could now “start a new topic”…

If you can’t post or reply it’s not much of a community. I’ve been trying to add money to my account for 2 weeks now and have gotten nowhere with customer support.

1 Like

Community is great. Lots of interesting topics. I hope that i will soon get permission to open new topics by myself.

1 Like

Hi I don’t find the community responsive. I’m on trading 212 and actual members of staff make announcements and respond to feedback. I don’t see any of that insight or team feedback on here.

2 Likes

Community (this forum) is must have. Even when staff dont respond here usually anymore.
Without forum we (users) dont get any feedback about product from other users.

1 Like

Could you provide some transparency into what is qualified as an “activity”. Would browsing thread help increase the trust level? Also, posting a new help question should be at the very basic level. Most users only signup when they have a question, and it beats the point when they have to wait for a long time just to ask their question.

The problem is most users only sign-up because they have a question for Revolut support. But since this is a user community those questions should be asked elsewhere (that is through an official Revolut support channel).
If all users below trust level member would be able to create a new topic, we would see numerous new topics on personal user/customer account issues in this community. To report those issues one should not create an account in this community, instead one should report those issues to Revolut support.

2 Likes

Posting is possible very early, I believe, starting a new thread isn’t. But isn’t that a good thing? Find a thread that covers the topic you need help with, and ask away.

I totally understand the frustration about Revolut’s customer support, but the main purpose of this forum here is to build a community for users, it’s not an official support channel. And if you look at many of the recent threads, we’re already ending up with new users posting questions that are literally answered in the post right in front of their own post.

Please don’t get me wrong, I am not saying people are too lazy to read. But I am wondering how all those informations that are already written somewhere in this forum can be more accessible. Why is it so hard for new community members to read the answer to their question that’s literally one post up from their own post? We’re ending up with threads where other community members sound like a broken record, answering the same question over and over again. I think Discourse’s system of trust levels is designed to help with that a little bit, to avoid double posts, to nudge new users to engage with the community first. I think that’s not a bad intention.

Trust levels are about engagement. Read, search the forum, like other posts, engage with other users.

4 Likes