How to withdraw money and not being charged an exchange fee outside Europe

The limit to withdraw money around the world with my Revolut card is £200 and I will get the interbank exchange rate with not extra charges, but that it is if I do the withdraw on weekdays not on the weekend is that correct? I just read the following:

“During the weekend, when the currency markets are closed, we apply a small markup ranging from 0.5 - 2% on top of the interbank exchange rate. This will depend on the particular currency.”

So what does it mean exactly?
does it mean that at the time and day I put the card in the ATM and withdraw the money, for example in Cambodia, it has to be a weekday, or is it talking about the day my account is charged with the transaction (this i don’t know how long it will take) ? Does it meann that if I buy something with my revolut card on a weekend in Thailand I will be charged 0.5% to 2% for the exchange of that purchase to GBP?

It has to be a weekday in the Uk or in the country where I am doing the withdraw or purchase?

Does this help?

https://www.revolut.com/help/getting-started/exchanging-currencies/what-foreign-exchange-rate-will-i-get

Times referred to are UK times.

Don’t forget also that just because Rev won’t charge you the same may or may not apply to the ATM operator.

1 Like