How to receive Bank Transfers from China?

Good afternoon,

I created a Revolut account (UK) and ordered my card, however I was wondering how do I get bank transfers from family in China ?

Thank you!

what currency are they going to send? GBP?
how are they going to send it?

if they are sending you pre-exchanged GBP there is no benefit for you to use revolut instead of a fintech bank like Starling or Monzo. your life will be a lot easier.

if you have troubles with the proof of address you can try Monese instead.

if they are sending you GBP via a regular international bank transfer tap on your GBP balance and choose SWIFT to see the BIC, IBAN and Reference number they have to use

please be sure to lift your top-up limit first to avoid getting your money held

1 Like

You should use swift code to transfer from china to any other country if you want to trasnfer using online facilities

I was wondering if you have figured out how to solve the problem? Now i am also trying to transfer money to Revolut from China bank, but I have no idea how it works, and how that would extra fee cost?

It doesn’t work. I transfered some dollars from my wife’s account and it bounced back and got 25$ less. I transfered my money to my wife while leaving PRC and now I have no idea how to get it back. :frowning:

I have a nightmare experience with this. Do not use Revolut! Revolut don’t have unique IBANs so the transfer will not reach you and will be sent back which can take weeks. There is apparently a personal ref no buried somewhere in the app that support say you need to use. I don’t even know if it is still there. It is certainly not included on your account details page.

1 Like