How-To Guide: How To Correctly File A Complaint With Revolut

No, I am not affiliated with Revolut, but there are many of these posts around the forum and I wanted to provide my experience with the required procedures.

To anyone wondering how to complain here is a guide to not waste precious time. If for example this is a chargeback complaint, or a complaint about a blocked account.

0 - Always first try your best to resolve the issue with the merchant if relevant.

1 - File a chargeback complaint with customer support if it is a chargeback. Wait the 45 days that it takes.

2 - If after that time frame Revolut “forgets” to inform you that they cancelled the complaint (as they are certainly bound to); or if the original complaint turned out dissatisfactory — then immediately write a formal complaint to formalcomplaints@revolut.com.

Bear in mind that the UK Financial Ombudsman will not help you if you do not follow its bureaucratic procedures, which means you will need to first file a formal complaint with Revolut at the aforementioned email address.

In general I would say that it does not really help to contact customer support to resolve anything other than some few basic issues. Just bypass CS and immediately file formal complaints when it concerns more advanced stuff such as blocked accounts, etc.

You must allow Revolut at most eight weeks to respond to your formal complaint according to the official advice of the UK Financial Ombudsman. Remember also to save evidence that you filed the complaint. This includes any auto-responses that the complaint was received.

3 - If at that point Revolut still did not respond to your complaint, or if the decision was unsatisfactory, then and only then you may choose to file a complaint with the UK Ombudsman office. This could take a year or more. Here: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact-us/complain-online

4 - Remember that, at any point, it is always possible to start litigation if the issue is very serious, such as large sums on blocked accounts. It can be very costly though. If you have proper insurance, then some legal costs may be covered.

6 Likes

Henrex,
Just new here, but this looks like where I should head - charge back complaint, presume I will find thaat on the app. I foolishly paid, 3 x 79 euros for passenger locator application on a scammed TravelPortugal Electronic Health Declaration form. These were showing as pending, when i got past the robot answers and reached a real / helpful Revolut adviisor. However they could not / did not stop the pending transaction completing and sending my euros to the company I had told them were scammers. Any help / suggestions apreciated.

Terms & Conditions of network providers (Visa and Mastercard) allow chargeback only for completed transactions. File your case with the local authorities (police), get back to Revolut with that paperwork and start the regular chargeback procedure.

1 Like

Hello I am struggling to get any help from Revolut after filing a complaint for Fraud on my account. The chat do not acknowledge any of my messages - How do I get the help I require if there is no Number or Chat responses?

Is there any other way to get someone from chat to reply besides saying ‘live agent’? Which I have tried multiple times.

If u were in a scam or someone used your card you will have to go to the police and make a formal complain. Then go to your app, click on the transaction of the scam and u will have a option of ask for a charge back. U will have to present all the documents that prove the scam. Hopefully they will give u the money back. If u from Portugal and u were a victim of a scam u have 6months to make the complain to the police.