How to add Euros with US Revolut account

I have a US Revolut account. I can add dollars from my US bank account no problem. But I also have an account in Spain in Euros. I can’t seem to figure out how to add Euros to Revolut from my Euro bank account. According to Revolut Help, I should just select my Euro account in the Revolut app, tap Details and then select Local. Unfortunately, I don’t have a Local selection. There is just a page with SWIFT details for a New York bank. At the top, it says, “For cross border transfers only”. Why is that?

If I try doing it with SWIFT, my Spanish bank charges me a huge fee. Why can’t I use SEPA?

Any ideas?

SEPA doesn’t apply in the USA.
see [this about SEPA from the ECB]

1 Like

@Graham_Lees But when you check the FAQs for US customers, it sounds like Revolut US does provide „local“ SEPA account details for US customers. I would have support confirm this and then go from there.

1 Like

@erics Hello, Welcome to the community. :star_struck:

Please refer to this link for more details on SWIFT transfers and SEPA. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further queries. :pray:

@Frank @Graham_Lees Thank you for helping out. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

Veda | Community team