How to start a new topic

That’s absolutely true but as @Frank suggests, it is common for new users to avoid selecting a relevant topic (and sometimes choose an inappropriate one) when their attempt to start a new topic is frustrated.
The rule is well tried and tested. The way forward is for new users to engage and build up reputation which opens further doors for them in the community.
Many things have been changed in the community in recent months since a new community site manager was appointed - all to the good. New users in the past were often left more frustrated because any inappropriate posts were just flagged (and thus hidden) as off topic but now with more experienced users available with the tools to assist with site management, those incidents have now all but diminished and there is more positivity here as a result but, as users ourselves, there are clearly some limits to what we can do.

4 Likes

Thank you. i was just wondering why i can’t post anything…
I had to search into google to get your post.
i think it’s important to let the new topic button but as disable and letting the user know why they can’t create new topic at the moment.

1 Like

odd, since you posted in this topic…

If you have an issue and you wish to post it - do so in the (nearest) topic to your subject matter.
If it belongs in a different place, we will move it to a place more suited or create a new topic for you so don’t be concerned unduly until your [Trust Level] reaches the point at which you can do more. :wink:

2 Likes

Just received a message telling me:

“We’re really glad you’re spending time with us and we’d love to know more about you. Take a moment to fill out your profile, or feel free to start a new topic.”

yet the new topic button is still missing. Am I missing something else?

Hmmm, still nothing. I messaged Revolut with a very specific sole trader account query, to which I received no reply. Thought I would post the question on here instead, yet I can’t. There is no related question I can reply to, nor can I post a new question. So far, my experience with Revolut has been pretty frustrating, and I am yet to open an account! May be time to move on.

Hi @MisterM23 :wave: ,

Welcome to our Community. :heart: We hope you enjoy being here. Just letting you know that we have a Trust Level system in place, but the more you engage, the higher you will go on your Trust Level :star:

Enrich the Revolut Community with your passion for Revolut features, and interest in helping others :r:

Can you please inform us about your questions so that we can help you further? Waiting for your reply :pray:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to open Revolut Business Account

I must say, I’m still trying to figure out what I need to do to be able to post a new topic!

2 Likes

Hello @IWW :wave: ,

Kindly check out the reply above your message to find out how can you post a new topic.:blush:

If you have any concern, you can let us know here for further help. :pray:

SG | Community Team

according the trust lvls and the message I got I am not trustlvl 1 and that is all i need to be to be able to start a new topic.

it says so in that message about trust lvls and it says so in the message I got in my account. However I still don’t see a start new topic button. And there still is that sentence saying I need to check faq about starting a topic. But I did and I have everything. But still nothing!

1 Like

When am I going to be able to create new topic? I registered today and I need help.

3 Likes

Search the forum for your topic, and place your question in a thread that fits for you. It’s not necessary to create a new topic to get help.

4 Likes

Welcome to our :r: community @tata.mata. :heart:

You can read my reply above 3 comments to understand the requirements or you can check the solution mentioned in this topic as well for the better understanding.:smiley:

Kindly share your concern here so that we can help you further. :pray:

Thanks for the help, mate. @Frank :sunflower:

SG | Community Team

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Open Banking Linked Accounts

A post was split to a new topic: Notification Problem

@tata.mata I’d say any open banking / API topic would be a better fit than a thread about how to start a new topic, no?

Whatever the case, fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: that someone can help you out.

1 Like

No. As I am completely new to the forum, and I was not able to start a new topic, natural way to start the process of investigation was to ask how to start the topic, here. Moving now to the topics you mentioned. Thanks. @Frank

Hi @tata.mata and welcome
I have moved your post to a more suited topic for you.

1 Like

I see - thanks for letting me know - I wanted a post to understand it lol

1 Like

Welcome to our community @sabiqsabry. :r:

Please let us know if you have any other concerns. :sunflower:

SG | Community Team

2 Likes

Quick question - how soon can I become a member so I can post my questions regarding certain things

2 Likes